2,630 results
All reviews no tipping policy house car elysian hotel luxury suite gas fireplace bathroom mirror the gold coast room service wet bar soaking tub beautiful hotel four seasons living room steam room bottle of champagne rush street turn down service
Reviewed 12 June 2011

From entrance to departure the staff, facilities and dining is simply the best Chicago has to offer!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 June 2011

I am proud to join the throng of rave reviewers here to give my jubillant praise. I absolutely cannot say enough positive things about my stay at the Elysian. I was here for (sadly) just one night and I was absolutely amazed by the excellence in service and quality of the hotel. Despite the fantastic things to do in this incredible city (and the weather is wonderful this time of year!) I did not want to leave the hotel. I was treated like a queen from the moment I arrived. Despite my extraordinarily early check-in (arrived at 10 am) I was notified that my room was indeed already ready and that I had also been upgraded to a suite. Amazing. The facilities are gorgeous (the photos speak for themselves.) But what truly makes the Elysian stand out as a cut above is the unparalleled service WITHOUT the pretension or phoniness. I was greeted by name at every turn and given complimentary ammenities for so much as suggesting that I liked something (My glee over the pink envelope that the room key card came in brought the front desk personnel up to my room with an armful of pink stationery for my use!) Not a SINGLE detail was overlooked. The staff helpfully and happily squeezed in a spa appointment despite the last minute request, whereupon I was treated like royalty. A friend who was passing through Chicago whose plane flight happened to be cancelled needed a place to stay for the night. When I notified the staff of the emergency situation they were wonderfully obliging, helpfully suggesting sending someone up to make up the pull out bed and send any toiletries needed since she had no luggage. The staff will make you feel right at home, and the no-tipping policy reinforces that feeling. How wonderful to get such warm and helpful service without feeling like you're having to "buy it" from them in constant cash tips. There is no question that the price tag for a night's (or a week's) stay is worth it. I urge you not to think twice about staying here. I simply cannot believe there is any place in town which can top the Elysian.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Elainova
Reviewed 10 June 2011

Our stay at the Elysian was perfect! There was a slight wait for our room upon arrival but only because they were upgrading us to a larger room. And the wait was well worth it. The room was spacious, clean, and wonderfully decorated. The service all around was amazing. We had a slight issue and were locked out on our 24th floor balcony due to a faulty door lock. We had no phone and were very lucky there were workers in an apartment balcony on the next building over. After only 20 minutes the hotel staff rescued us and were highly concerned with whether or not we were okay. Everything was fine and once we returned later that evening the staff had left us a card and a bowl of fresh fruit appologizing for the inconvience. We were highly impressed with every aspect of our stay and the Elysian is our new hotel of choice in Chicago!

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed 8 June 2011

There are not enough words to explain how wonderful this hotel is. We have stayed at MANY hotels, but this one far surpassed all of them. The service was incredible, the rooms comfortable and extremely clean. The spa, pool, work-out areas all exemplary. The room service was fast, food delicious (sticky buns to die for). The staff were ALL polite, helpful and seem honestly proud to be a part of the Elysian. I can't blame them, it is quite simply the best. What really struck me also, was their 'no tipping' policy. That tells me the philosphy is not to nickle and dime me to death, but to make 'me' feel special and cared for.

Room Tip: they are all the best..
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank pattiseely
ElysianHotel, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2011

Dear Guest,
Many thanks for your positive review of the hotel. I am delighted to see that you were pleased with every aspect of your stay. If you find yourself returning, please ask for me personally. I would like the opportunity to meet you and ensure another successful stay.
Regards,
Kevin Robinson

Reviewed 8 June 2011

I celebrated my 60th birthday weekend with a friend at the Elysian in Chicago. From the moment I walked in the lobby to time when the hotel provided driver dropped me off at the train it was an extraordinary experience. I travel a lot for business and often stay in very nice hotels in many cities in the US. The Elysian is in a whole new class for warmth, elegance, personal attention. Everytime we walked in the lobby door we were greated by name. All the staff are courteous, gracious and go out of their way to make your stay special. This is particularly notible given their strict refusal of any tips. You really feel you have hosts and that they all take pride in their hotel. We had excellent massages in the spa and used their other spa facilities several times. We did not eat at the hotel so I can't comment on the food though the concierge made a fantastic recommendation for nearby restaurants and by calling ahead, made sure we had personal attention there from the chef and owner as well. It was an expensive weekend but tremendous value for the price. So often you can pay a high hotel rate and get nothing better than a boring chain hotel. This is a special event worth repeating (and saving for)

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends