“location!”

Club Quarters Hotel, Wacker at Michigan
Ranked #74 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 9 March 2012

You can't beat the downtown location...near Michigan avenue for shopping and close to the river. The room was small, but we were not in it that much, so it was fine. Free bottles and refills of water to grab as you head out for the day were a nice touch. We used the work out room. It was quite small and no frills, but had a treadmill and weights and that was all we wanted. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful, including the maintenance man we encountered on the elevator. I'm staying there again in a few weeks and looking forward to it.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Sophie109
Write a ReviewReviews (1,557)

Reviewed 22 February 2012

We stayed at this Club Quarters twice. The first time the room was small and the second time the room was smaller…but we didn’t care. Both rooms were comfortable and the hotel location is extremely convenient. My husband and I took different trains into the city. I came from the airport and he came from Indiana and both of us were able to get off close to the hotel.

My favorite feature is the large common room on the second floor which always has coffee available plus newspapers and magazines. We sometimes had trouble with the key access in the elevators but we managed. We got a good deal. There are plenty of restaurants nearby. In addition, it is fun to walk down State Street on Saturday night in downtown Chicago.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank glofish5
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I am a Club Quarters fan as they have made good use of limited space and keep things more affordable for those who do not have huge company expense accounts. I had a nice view on the 30th floor of the Wacker Drive property. My room was small, but I was not in it much, so no big deal. The staff was friendly. The elevator requires your key card which helped me feel safer as a woman traveling alone for work. The remote for my TV did poop out the last night of my visit, but I probably needed the extra sleep. The free wifi is a huge bonus for me. Hyatt charges $15 a day! Thanks Club Quarters.

Room Tip: Views from the top floors are nice, but the elevators can take a while.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank schussles
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We stayed at Club Quarters for one weekend night and overall we were very pleased with our stay. The room was small but neat and clean and seemed to have been more recently updated than the Loop location. Our room had a beautiful view of Wacker Drive, the river and the new Trump hotel. My pet peeves, the comforter was made out of some kind of synthetic material and kept slipping off the bed during the middle of the night and there was a very limited amount of towels...2 bath, 1 hand and 1 washcloth. Really? For two adults? The Loop location has complementary Aveda products in the bath but this one just had no-name shampoo/lotion and mouthwash. The staff was pleasant and friendly, even in the midst of a very busy Saturday. I would definitely recommend this hotel, I just wish they would do a little bit extra so I could give them a 5 star rating.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 February 2012

This place is exceptional. I was initially booked into their Central Loop hotel. When I arrived, they said they are having an issue with the hot water and don't know when it will be resolved. So they offered me a cab to this place and a significantly upgraded room for free if I wanted it.

The room was perfect - mini kitchen, big desk, flat screen tv, lightning fast wifi, free printing, decent heating, great bathroom with amenities and a view over the water and bridges to Chicago's awesome city skyline!

Definitely the best $69 room I have found anywhere in the USA.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the water!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo