Ambassador Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
USD 197
USD 175
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 203/night.

USD 186
USD 175
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 222/night.

Crowne Plaza Chicago West Loop(Chicago)(Great Value!)
USD 129
CrownePlaza.com
Savings alert! 42% below average rates

The price you found is 42% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 221/night.

Palmer House A Hilton Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
USD 212
USD 190
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 212/night.

USD 262
USD 247
Sofitel
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 323/night.

Raffaello Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
USD 184
USD 163
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 190/night.

Millennium Knickerbocker Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
USD 195
USD 129
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 42% below average rates

The price you found is 42% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 224/night.

USD 272
USD 258
USD 543
USD 391
Hotels.com
The Peninsula Chicago(Chicago)
USD 558
  • Pool
All reviewsbar louieclose to the airportblue linehotel shuttlethe shuttle drivertrain stationo'hare airportfree shuttlenext morningoutdoor poolbreakfast buffethotel restaurantbooked this hotelcoffee makerthe loopdowntownrosemont
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Brilliant service and good value. Very helpful staff and good free breakfast included. Nice clean room and free shuttle transfer to and from airport. The shuttle also does locations nearby. I highly recommend this hotel to travellers.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank 119Alan
ordbm, Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at Holiday inn O'Hare Chicago I would like to thank you for good comment. We appreciate the time you took to complete the survey. We look forward to stay with us again.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

We stayed here two nights due to business and the group we were a part of reserved the hotel on their credit card (more on that later). We were welcomed by a rather gruff and definitely less-than-friendly clerk upon check-in and were given a room on the top (11th) floor. Upon the elevator doors opening at the floor, we were greeted with maintenance workers with power tools and a great deal of noise. Our room overlooked the busy interstate which gave us not only the noise of the airplanes flying over, but lots of traffic sounds throughout the night. Aside from that, which I can easily overlook, was the tiredness of the public areas of hotel and rooms. The carpet in the room was very worn and there was an odor to it that just smelled of well past its prime. All along the perimeter of the carpet appeared to be a white powder that we assumed was a pesticide. Thankfully I didn't see any bugs here, but it wouldn't have surprised me. The bathroom was the same...chipped tiles, bits of dirt in the corners, and overall dated furnishings. The decor in the room itself was sort of mismatched and appeared to be kind of thrown together with no real rhyme or reason. It was a strange conglomeration with 70's style lamps, attempt at modern artwork, and almost salvage store looking desk and dresser. The ceiling felt extremely low, giving a cavernous feel and made the room feel small and tight. A giveaway to me is how clean the lobby is, and the rug in front of the check-in area was dirty with obvious bits of paper that looked like it hadn't been cleaned or even vacuumed in a while. It just gave an impression the staff didn't care or had given up. The one positive I can say is that the bed was comfortable and the king bed had 4 pillows as well as clean linens.

Now for the real complaint...the noise. We had a late night of business the first night of our stay, so we put out the "Do Not Disturb" sign upon our return. We were awakened before 8:00 am to the yelling and cackling of housekeeping in the hallway. I went to the door and asked them to please keep their noise level down and received a look of bewilderment. A few minutes later, the yelling and horseplay resumed to which my husband then gave a more stern addressing. After a third round, I decided to call the front desk. Alas, the phone system for the hotel was not functioning (I later saw a sign in the elevator and at the front desk announcing this), so my husband went down to the front desk to make a complaint. I should also say that at promptly 8:15 a note was shoved under our door by housekeeping to say "Sorry we missed you, but due to your do not disturb sign we will not be refreshing your linens today". I could see this being a practice at noon or 1:00 with a sign on the door, but to give up and resign to not cleaning a room at 8:15 was pretty lazy and spoke volumes to me about the practices of the housekeeping staff.

The clerk at the front desk seemed more upset about the note than the noise complaint of the housekeeping staff, but she said she would notify the manager. The noise abated for a while, but then started up again later so I don't know that anything was really done. We certainly didn't get any additional rest.

Breakfast is not included here. You can pay $13 for a buffet or can order off the menu. It's adequate with a good assortment of hot and cold dishes. The restaurant itself is decent with a good variety of grill/bar food. Again, it's dated and needs some TLC. The booths have torn seats and there were cobwebs in the corners. The music is incredibly loud from the speakers, so not a good place for a quiet meal but there isn't much else in the area.

Upon checkout we ended up having to pay out of pocket, despite the room being reserved under the group that hosted us and us having the contact information from the hotel itself confirming it. The hotel even had the group's credit card information on file. Despite several minutes of trying to explain the situation to the clerk and the manager on duty we just resigned ourselves to paying the bill and getting reimbursed. It left a sour taste on top of an already disappointing experience. The group we were with holds regular meetings at this establishment, so one would think the staff would have treated us better.

The remaining plus was the free shuttle to the airport. After all we had endured, we were exhausted and ready to check out and be on our way. I won't be back, complementary stay or not. There are far too many other hotels in the area that value their customers more.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
ordbm, Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn and for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience at Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare.
I would like to apologizing to you for inconvenience occur during your stay.

we strive to make each stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.
We look forward to stay with us again.

Reviewed 10 March 2018

We did park and ride for out early morning flight. Room was fine, customer service lacking.
As we returned to Ohare and called for a shuttle at 11:30 pm and she verified that we were at the international terminal we spent another 1 hour waiting because she sent to driver to the other terminal. We had to call back. And then a 2 hour drive home. Customer service needs to be reliable.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
ordbm, Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2018

Dear Guest,

I would like to start by apologizing to you for not meeting your expectations. w strive to make each stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible, and we will use your comments to coach our Employee team in order to provide clean Better Shuttle service and a better experience in the future.

I hope you will give us another chance by staying with us again to show you that your unsatisfactory stay was an exception.

Murtuza

Reviewed 4 March 2018

Stayed here after bringing my son to MEPS to join the military. We had mistakenly booked a room out by Great Lakes Naval base, as there is a MEPS HQ there. The staff here was extremely helpful and were able to help resolve the issue with me. I am very appreciative and as far as I am concerned, this is my Airport Hotel!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
ordbm, Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

Only 7 minutes from the terminal. You’ll be given a parking pass for your car so pull up near front to check in. Don’t park first. The hotel itself had friendly staff and amazing food. The rooms aren’t as great. A little older with some wear. Still clean though.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
ordbm, Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2018