“Great flavors with lots of variety”
Review of Cafecito

Cafecito
Ranked #957 of 10,258 Restaurants in Chicago
Neighbourhood: Streeterville
Neighbourhood: Streeterville
Reviewed 18 March 2018

We were looking for a spot to eat and found this cozy restaurant. The menu had many choices and the waiter made some wonderful recommendation. The food was delicious and flavorful. The ambiance was chilled. We ordered their special drink cocktails, and they were amazing. We also ordered the appetizer the shrimp ceviche which was divine, and the main course (was huge), beautifully presented and tasty. It is a hidden gem in Chicago. I highly recommend it

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

We highly recommend Cafecito. The food was so fresh and delicious. The service was so efficient. The waiter was knowledgeable about the menu and he delivered all our needs promptly. The place was so clean. The manager came to our table asked if we needed anything. We loved the ambiance and the friendliness of the staff. There was also a good variety of food on the menu ranging from vegetarian to cold and hot dishes all tasty and succulent. Highly recommend this restaurant whether you’re out for a quick meal or a romantic dining.

Reviewed 17 February 2018

I arrived at my hotel about 9pm on a Sunday night and found that most places to eat close at 9. A search resulted in Cafecito being just a couple blocks away, and I called to verify they were open until 10pm. My friend and I walked through the cold and were quickly warmed at Cafecito. Our waiter assured me that the Cuban was authentic, so I ordered it. As an appetizer, we also ordered the Yuca with Mojo Sauce. Both were great. A few days later I returned with a couple I have been friends with for decades. The wife of the couple grew up in Cuba. She was the real test for the authenticity. Again, we had the same waiter. In talking with him, we learned that his brother was the chef and he was in the front of the house. My friend's wife agreed that it was authentic. There are so many things on the menu and great desserts, so you can't go wrong with any of the choices. If I get back to Chicago, this will be a place I visit again. They are open for breakfast as well as lunch and dinner and open until 10pm. They do a lot of carry-out as well as table service. One last note - you will not go broke. I think I paid just $7 for the Cuban, $4 for a bowl of soup, and dinner plates are no more than $11.

Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

Was looking for a spot open in the snow storm and found this gem. Little spot tucked away. Great ambiance and great food. The service was very friendly. Not to mention they have a full bar. Nothing like drinking a mojito listening to salsa while it’s snows like crazy outside.

Reviewed 6 February 2018

We were looking for an affordable lunch near Watertower Place, a sandwich and coffee. I decided to take a risk and walk our group an extra block since Cafecito's menu looked interesting online. Soooo glad we went, completely blown away, awesome experience.

The restaurant is in a nice condo/apartment building. We walk in, and are greeted immediately. I see a counter on the right, thinking it was a self serve type fast food restaurant. Instead we're shown to a table in the back. Waiter then hands us menus. We order coffee, they have both traditional american coffee drink selections plus some cuban coffees that we'll have to try next time. Nice big servings at reasonable prices.

Next we look at the sandwich options. Several Cuban and Latin American influenced choices. All reasonably priced - $6-$8 - in the Gold Coast! They also had some full lunch plates, I ordered Moho Shrimp. I got a general portion of shrimp, rice, black beans, plantains for $11 - flavors were absolutely awesome. It would have made a good dinner. Our Jamon sandwich was also excellent.

The dining room we were in had a full service bar, so looks like you may also be able to enjoy dinner here also.

To say this is a good cheap eats does not do it justice. This is a good restaurant with good service, period. Just so happens that it is also inexpensive, an extra bonus. Wish we lived in the neighborhood so we could enjoy this place more often.