All reviewsbunk bedsempanadasping pongslot carsair hockeyhotel hostelsports themegame room downstairscommunity kitchenlobby cafeindividual lockerssleeping arrangementsfree cookiesnice kitchendorm roomrooms feelrooms were perfect
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Unique "in a good way" per our 14 yr old. Great place for our traveling family to have as a base for exploring the city over spring break. Made-over warehouse into dorm and hotel style rooms with a full kitchen for all guests in the basement. Coffee shop in the lobby with tasty empanadas or coffee complimentary each day for guests (ask for free daily tokens at the hotel desk). Located 10 feet from the EL (elevated train in the city) but it was hard to hear it pass from inside the hotel. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: our room was odd numbered and on the side of hotel away from the train (nice)
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank john e
Maissah A, Guest Relations Manager at FieldHouse Jones, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2018

Hi John,

Thank you for the recent review of your stay with us at FieldHouse Jones. We're so happy to hear FieldHouse Jones was a great home base for you and your family over spring break. We sincerely appreciate the positive review and feedback, and hope you visit us again soon.

Thank you!

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I found this place online with 800+ reviews and close to 5 stars. It certainly lived up to the rating! I was a bit nervous about staying in a shared dorm room since I’ve only done that traveling in a group, but the room was clean and lockers were provided (bring your own lock, though!). The desk staff were exceptionally friendly, letting me know I could change to private room at any time. They also greeted me every time I walked in, and were always willing to answer any question I had.

The front of the building has a coffee shop, and you’re provided a token for every morning you’re there. This gets you a delicious empanada and some of their drip coffee. The staff here, too, are really friendly and cheery! The space in the front is really inviting, with lots of seating and outlets. There are big windows that provide a lot of light during the day. Downstairs there’s a kitchen and a game room with little toy car races every Thursday and Friday night. Even if it’s not Thurs or Fri, there’s always table tennis, air hockey, and foosball.

There are only two small drawbacks to FieldHouse Jones. I connected to the WiFi no problem but it was rather slow in my room - sometimes to the point where pages wouldn’t even load. I didn’t have this problem in the coffee shop. The other one could be seen as a drawback or a part of them charm: it’s located right next to “the L,” or the elevated train of Chicago. The first night the rumbling kept me up a little, but I quickly got used to it and came to enjoy it.

Overall, I would highly recommend this place to anyone who asked! It’s charming and friendly, located not far from downtown Chicago. I really enjoyed my stay here.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo

Hi Justin,

We can't thank you enough for such a stellar review and for staying with us on your recent trip to Chicago. We're so happy to hear our awesome staff was attentive and helpful throughout your visit. We greatly appreciate your feedback and will certainly share it with our team.

Thank you!

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Fieldhouse Jones was a fun place to stay. Every member of the staff was super friendly. They were helpful and knowledgeable about the area. It was clean and the breakfast empanadas were delicious. The game room was a fun addition. We loved the decorations. The location was ideal for anything we wanted to do in the city. I would stay here again and recommend it to friends.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends

Hi Katie,

Love hearing that you had such a wonderful stay with us at FieldHouse Jones. We're so pleased to hear our staff was helpful and knowledgeable during your visit and that you enjoyed our game room. We look forward to your next visit with us!

Thanks,

Reviewed 28 March 2018

Fieldhouse Jones was excellent. We were in town with our 7 month old baby for a few nights and were looking for a good value downtown that was family friendly. We were apprehensive about staying at a hostel due to noise concerns, but we noticed that many of the reviews mentioned bringing kids and young babies.

We booked the Ultrastar as we needed a microwave and sink for washing baby bottles. The rooms are ultra insulated for noise mitigation, and you would never know that the EL train runs right next to the hostel.

There are laundry facilities and a fantastic kitchen in the basement. The common areas are very spacious and never very crowded.

Room Tip: Odd number rooms are more quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

They were very helpful when it came to helping me with assistance and getting a cab. When I arrived they asked if I needed help. They was helpful from arrival to check out and I was in a wheelchair so i know for a fact it couldn't have been easy for them!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Maissah A, Public Relations Manager at FieldHouse Jones, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

We're so happy you enjoyed your stay with us! We strive to offer our customers impeccable and attentive service, and are very pleased to hear you had a pleasant stay. We hope you visit us again soon.

Thanks!