“Great evening out”

Ranked #1,465 of 10,252 Restaurants in Chicago
Price range: USD 20 - USD 25
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 24 February 2017

Mario, the owner, is very pleasant and welcoming. I'm sure if you go here, you will be treated to a very good evening of wine, and pizza. The other options are also worth a try.

Reviewed 11 February 2017

It was 9 pm on a Friday. I had never been to this restaurant and I was craving Italian. After calling my first choices in the area and found they all had wait times up to 30 minutes, I found this place on Zomato and called; they had no wait. The bread arrived promptly accompanied by a plate that had a mixture of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, olives, shredded Parmesan cheese and some pickled veggies. It was a nice unexpected mixture of flavors. The caprese salad presentation was pretty (see photo) although it was prepared with cherry tomatoes instead of slices of plum or regular tomatoes. This was disappointing, but I'm going to assume they do this only in winter when good ripe tomatoes are hard to come by. The chicken parm ($see photo) was crisp on the outside and moist on the inside. Their sauce was sweeter than I like. I prefer a bit of acidic bite. Still, it was nice and served with a small side of angel hair pasta which was cooked a bit past al dente.

Reviewed 24 December 2016 via mobile

I have eaten at this restaurant several time but on the last occasion which was a "take-out meal" I ordered the pear and Gorgonzola salad because the spinach salad there is wonderful. This was a big mistake because the sliced pears were rock hard. Had I been eating in the restaurant I would have sent the salad back. A nice juicy sliced apple would have been nice instead off the hard pear slices. Other than this one incident I have always had a first-class meal at this restaurant. Perhaps the chef was not as particular with a "take-out meal" than he might have been with an "eat-in meal".

Reviewed 8 December 2016

We've been here many times, and each time is as good if not better than the last. The dough used in the pizza has changed, and it's definitely better. The pasta dishes are very nice, and there's a good wine selection. The owner is always helpful and friendly.

1  Thank Terence B
Reviewed 30 July 2016 via mobile

My nephew loves pasta, but had never been to an authentic Italian resturant. He was in heaven. He had the Fettuccine Bolognese and loved it. Tiramisu for dessert. I asked for a carbanara dish that was no longer on the menu and they made it for me! Quick friendly service.

Been to Antica Pizzeria? Share your experiences!