“Meh.”

Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Near North Side
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Not gonna lie. Wasn't impressed by Portillos. While they had a pretty nice looking establishment. They had pretty crappy service. I ordered 5 things and they only ended up ringing up one and pushing me along without being able to make it right. All that being said the chocolate cake was pretty good.

Write a ReviewReviews (5,906)

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Great place, awesome food and huge variety!
Must visit this place.
Definitely coming back the next time.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Okay, I get it. It is an attraction serving food to the masses. But why the chaos on ordering and picking up food? Surely a business can evolve to do it more efficiently? Hotdogs are great - loved the quality. The rest of the food looked amazing too, but be prepared for a gong show when ordering and picking up. good value for the money but would be willing to pay a bit more to finesse the process of ordering and getting my food.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

I have been a fan of Portillo's on Ontario St. for well over a decade. It is ALWAYS the first restaurant I go to in Chicago after I check into my hotel. On my most recent trip to Chicago (April 1-April 4, 2018) my husband and I went there each day of our vacation for either lunch or dinner. I had my usual -- Italian Beef dipped with sweet peppers. Their sandwiches are HUGE with lots of flavor. (I recommend getting the Italian Beef totally dipped -- yummmmmm!) My husband enjoyed their hot dogs (as well as some of my Italian beef sandwiches!). We ordered the onion rings which were nice and crispy, just the way that we like them. I love the active atmosphere and the fun decor of the establishment. The only issue with this visit was the somewhat "chaotic" pick-up area. There seemed to be some confusion about orders on occasion. No matter. There is no confusion about the terrific Chicago-style food that is served here! The prices are great. Portillo's rules!!!

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Visit this place over Easter weekend all I can say is the hot dogs was GREAT!!! It was a taste that something I never had before. I am original from down south and just tasting a Chicago style hot dog it make me just smile thinking about it. The flavor of the hot dog and the topping and length wise was amazing. I can truly say the kids was happy and we will be coming back this summer for more food and another great experience.

Been to Portillo's? Share your experiences!