“Very friendly and polite staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown
Ranked #42 of 187 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersBronze level
Timmins
“Very friendly and polite staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

Just to let you know that on behalf of the Carriere and Lessard family, how well we were treated by your whole front desk staff, during our stay in March 2012. Especially Tracy and Moshtg.
Those two friendly people made our stay hassle and stress free. The breakfasts were excellent, and again the staff for breakfast were very polite. The rooms like all Hampton Inns were super clean and very comfy. The Hotel location is close to everything and anything you want to do in Chicago. Our hats is off to you and your staff. We would highly recommend your hotel to anyone.

Aurel & family

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (483)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Orange, California, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

Hampton Inn and Suites, My 15 year old son and I came to Chicago to see Wrigley Field and a Cubs game. Our plane arrived late and we didn't get to the hotel until after 10:00pm. They were no longer serving room service, but the staff gave me plenty of menus from local restaurants that would deliver. My son and I were very appreciative of this because as you know, airlines don't serve the best food.
All of the staff went above and beyond their job duties to ensure my son and I had everything we needed from restaurant menus, to maps, to websites to order food from local restaurants from. The hotel room was very clean. It did have a stale smoke odor which I would assume came from someone smoking in the room when they shouldn't have. I don't blame the hotel for this though. I just opened my window for some fresh, crisp Chicago air. We were just across the street from the fire station, which was very busy, but it didn't bother us at all.
Whenever we needed directions or suggestions on what to do around the city, the staff was always there with great suggestions.
Thank you again Hampton Inn and Suites, when we come back to Chicago we will be calling you for a reservation.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Chris H
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

This is in a good location, not far from the magnificent mile and lots of interesting restaurants nearby. Also very close to the Red Line Grand station. Management friendly reception, clean rooms and windows that can be opened to let some fresh air in. The last is a very important point to me as many hotels have very stale air and smells of cleaning chemicals can build up as well. My main quibble is that I would like to see the option of reusable plates and cups at breakfast.

Room Tip: The fire station is close by which may affect room choice.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Axellent
RossGuthrie, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown, responded to this review, 11 April 2012
I wanted to say thanks for sharing the experience of your recent stay with us. Our team always strives to give the service our guests expect & deserve. I appreciate the comments as we are always looking for ways to improve the hotel & service we give our guests.

I am glad that you found us a great value with wireless internet & Hampton's On the House Hot breakfast included in your rate.

I did want to address your desire that we use reusable plates & cups in our breakfast area. Hampton hotels are focused service hotels without a full service kitchen with dishwashing capabilities. We do use an environmentally friendly serve ware called enviroware that is biodegradable. Envi roware is designed to interact with micro -organisms present in landfills, composters and almost everywhere in nature including oceans, lakes & forests. These micro-organisms metabolize the molecular structure of the plastic, breaking it down into soil . This process can occur with or without oxygen.

Thank you for your feedback & we look forward to hosting you the next time you are in Chicago from Austraila.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012 via mobile

Amazing staff (super friendly, saying welcome back every time). The room (king) had a decent size for a very fair price. The complementary breakfast exceeded expetaions as well. Only the fire station close by is a bit annoying (horns).

Stayed April 2012
I just wanted to thank you for sharing the experience of your recent stay with us. Our team always strives to give the service our guests expect & deserve. I appreciate the comments as we are always looking for ways to improve the product and service we give our guests.

I am sorry that you encountered outside noise during your stay. The great thing about being in a dense urban downtown is the excitement of many people, things to do with a constant a hustle & bustle; however, with that comes noise. As with most hotels in downtown, street noise is something that will be encountered: Downtown Chicago is a dense, bustling city with lots of city noise including emergency vehicles that may be heard throughout the day. Most guests are not generally disturbed by the noise, but we realize that each person has their own sensitivity to it. For those light sleepers or to those not accustomed to city noise we do offer earplugs at the front desk.

Thank you for your feedback & we look forward to hosting you at the Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown the next time you are in Chicago.

Romeoville, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012

I stayed at this Hampton a few weeks ago and by far was blown away. The suite that we had has 2 double beds and a pull out sofa. Was very clean and comfortable. Between Brandon, Tracee, and Janita, I felt as though I received 5star hotel service. Those 3 are phenomenal. They always welcomed us back when entering the hotel, and wished us a good day/evening when leaving. I was very happy to receive the best restaurant tips from Brandon. He helped my friends and I find affordable drink prices in the city as well as the inside scoop on food and events we could attend. We had a blast at the nightclubs he recommended for us to go to! Overall, we had an unforgettable experience thanks to these 3. We will definitely be coming back as long as they are there!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Dan M
RossGuthrie, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown, responded to this review, 9 April 2012
I wanted to say thanks for sharing the experience of your recent stay with us. Our team always strives to give the service our guests expect & deserve. I appreciate the comments about our front desk staff, I will make sure to recognize them all for their hard work.

Please come back to visit us at the Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown on your next trip to Chicago!