“Good pizza & super staff”
Review of Coal Fire Pizza

Coal Fire Pizza
Ranked #939 of 9,883 Restaurants in Chicago
Reviewed 19 May 2017

As a pizza nut I try to have as many pizza's around the world as I can. Coal fire is supposed to provide a more dry heat compared to burning wood and as a result the crust should be crispier. This place has a great oven but I am not sure I could tell the difference between the coal and wood.

I liked the choice of pizza's and the burrata was to die for. Good meats, ricotta and various peppers. The thin crust was nice but IMHO lacked a little taste. The staff is really super friendly and efficient. Definitely a place to check out when you want to eat thin crusted pizza in Chicago

Reviewed 6 April 2017 via mobile

Tried cheese & pepperoni and they were both fine. Picky kids like other places better. Might have been better if we dined in. Warm & cozy atmosphere and smelled great inside! Staff very friendly for our carryout order.

Reviewed 7 March 2017 via mobile

My husband and I happened upon this place because we were going to the Mercury Theater. What a great place. The restaurant was very crowded and we were lucky enough to snag 2 seats at bar. We had a fabulous bartender named Will. He was so friendly and knowledgeable. He made my husband a great Old Fashion (I guess that drink has come back and become very trendy again) and for me a from scratch daiquiri. For those drinks alone we would come back. We ordered a margarita pizza which had a think crust that was nicely crisped. It's made in a wood burning oven. The staff was super friendly. There is metered street parking. We will definitely come back.

Reviewed 11 February 2017

I love pizza, and this place does it right. I went with a group of eight and everyone was happy. Aside of the usual choices, the creation with pistachio nuts was very good. It was all good. The coal fired approach is strong. It reminds you of Pepe's, the greatest pizza place in America. You can't top wrong here.

Reviewed 5 February 2017

Just booked flights for Chicago in August and the countdown is on for Coal Fire Pizza!
Was there last year as part of the Chicago Pizza Tour and my wife and I have not stopped talking about the Pistachio pizza since. Delicious thin crust pizza! Starting to plan how to get some home back to Canada in tupperware for major wife brownie points!