“Veggie friendly Cuban sandwich shop”
Review of Nini's Deli

Nini's Deli
Ranked #1,588 of 10,256 Restaurants in Chicago
Reviewed 10 January 2017

Drawn to the charm of this West Town/ Noble Square area, and smack-dab in the middle of a charming neighborhood is this in-pretentious little corner sandwich café. It appears there is a patio for the warmer months, which I can almost envision myself sitting with a cup of their delectable Cuban coffee and enjoying the sounds of the city. Inside is a small dining area with a handful of tables which you walk past to get to the ordering counter. Family owned, one member will take your order & payment and then passes the order off to another member of the family in the kitchen. Service with a smile and a story, just loved hearing about the family owned and operated NiNi's Deli.

Food: Spinach empanada- yes, yes, yes, yes! Flakey and rich with fresh tasting spinach filling. Equally amazing was the el cubanito sandwich with fluffy eggs, cheese, plantains, and black beans. A tall glass of hibiscus lemonade made for an angelic match.

Reviewed 8 January 2017 via mobile

One morning I went to this particular place by the recommendation of my friends and they definitely gave good advice! Nini's deli was originally just that...a deli,as I was told by the owners son, Juan. Then, about 2 and a half years ago they opened the place as a restaurant. It's Mexican food with a Cuban flair! The first thing I had to try was their empanada. I ordered a beef empanada which was served with salsa verde and it was delicious and juicy to the very last bite! Cooked to perfection I was anticipating my next item I ordered... a sandwich called media noche. It had grilled turkey, plantains, melted Swiss cheese, pickles, mustard and I had them put avocado on it as well. It was delicious! So much flavor that complemented each part of the sandwich. The pickles and mustard blended with the sweet plantains. And the turkey with Swiss cheese melted with the avocado's smooth creamy texture. All in all I had a great meal with excellent service and a nice history of Nini's Deli!

Reviewed 24 November 2016 via mobile

What a find! Small, specialized menu of Cuban sandwiches and empanadas. Juan is one of the friendliest guys you'll ever meet and you can tell he loves what he does. We enjoyed everything we ordered but the spinach and cheese empanadas were my personal favorite!

Reviewed 6 November 2016 via mobile

My boyfriend stumbled on this place online and so we decided to try it out and we were definitely not disappointed. From the moment you walk in you feel such a chill and new age family oritentated atmosphere that you just want to sit back and take it all in;which you have time to since there is a slight line which is by no means bothersome but rather encouraging that the food is good... then you get up to the counter to place your order and the owner or owners son has the best personality that just shows how much he enjoys what he does. It was the first time for us so I asked about the special and it was a jibarito cheeseburger which let me tell you I'm so glad we got at 4$ bucks it was just enough for me and my boyfriend to both enjoy a little of.. we then each got sandwiches I got the el cubanito which is a vegetarian sandwich but of course me being a carnivore added grilled turkey to and avocado and boy it was delicious. My favorite part of it was the sweet plantains which almost tasted like sweet jelly I loved it!!! My boyfriend got the media nocha which he loved as well ...you probably were able to here a pen drop in the car as we ate it was just that good no conversation was needed except probably a heads up to each other. I only have one complaint and not even a complaint but more of a disappointment when we chatted with the owner while placing our order and mentioned it was are first time he said he would throw some churros in our bag but I guess he forgot was really looking forward as I love churros! But oh well everything else was delicious oh gosh almost forgot to mention the drinks he got the hibiscus lemonade which he loved and I got the cafe con leche and it was amazing sauce!

Reviewed 16 October 2016

Nini's Deli is worth going a little out of your way to try. From the moment you arrive you feel beyond welcomed by the owner's son who works the counter. We went to try the cuban sandwiches and were not disappointed by the quality and flavour of the food. It is definitely worth trying!!

Been to Nini's Deli? Share your experiences!