“Small Burgers”

Ranked #2,402 of 10,214 Restaurants in Chicago
Neighbourhood: Streeterville
Neighbourhood: Streeterville
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

For $15 we were expecting the burgers to be a bit bigger. For the ‘awards’ it has won it didn’t hit any home runs for us and we would probably skip it next time. My sons got the kids chicken tenders and they were so over done they could barely be eaten. The fries were also very over done as well.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

We ordered Parmesan fries, a clam chowder and a chicken burger with fries, a simple order for a burger fish place we thought.

Clam chowder tasted as if from a can and very salty.

Both sets of fries were stone cold, they said they would replace, the Parmesan came and were ok.

The chicken burger was burnt, tasted of charcoal, bread was black. Ten minutes later the second set of fries turned , not regular as ordered

All in all the worst meal we’ve had in a year

Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

Great service, good food. Pricey but what you would expect from Navy Pier. Proclaim greatest fries were ok. Overall, we enjoyed it.

Reviewed 29 December 2017

Navy Pier is always busy. When any restaurant provides great service, that needs to be noted. And DMK Burger Bar & Fish Bar provided great service when we visited over the Christmas break.

The food, however, was average. I had a burger. It was nothing spectacular. The meat was better than a pre-made, frozen patty, so I'll give credit there. They make a big point about their burgers coming from grass-fed beef, and that may be so, but it didn't stand out at all. And, it wasn't done particularly well. The bun was average, too. The make a big deal of their fries, too: sea salt and black pepper. Mine looked like that was an excuse to forget about them in the warmer for a while. Taste? Yes, plenty salty and peppery. Not overly so, just . . . why? There seemed to be no reason why, other than, "Hey, we can!"

I also had a cup of clam chowder. The chowder was tasty, but filled with oh my goodness so much celery! I've never had clam chowder with so much celery. It simply made me think they were cutting back elsewhere and filling the space with celery. I counted all of three small potatoes in my cup. Clams? I'm sure they were there, somewhere.

Back to the service: We were seated quickly, our server was attentive, she took our order and kept drinks filled, and the food arrived quickly. They do that well. And she kept looking in on us, at appropriate times.

Like almost all the casual eateries in Navy Pier, there's a lot of traffic going by, all the time. DMK deserves credit for attentive service. But for a $70 tab for dinner for four at a casual eatery, I think the food should be tastier. Nothing was bad, mind you, it just wasn't more than average.

Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

For a burger place, my wife was very disappointed with the burger. She did enjoy the truffle fries. I had the crispy chicken which was over done, and a very small portion for the price.. the bun was slathered with to much aioli. I would say pass this up for other spots on Navy Pier.

The service was very good.