“Average food - Pleasant outdoor seating for summertime”
Review of Cowboy Monkey

Cowboy Monkey
Ranked #83 of 367 Restaurants in Champaign
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 12 August 2018

The best thing was clearly the outdoor street sitting on a hot summer night. Except for that, food and service average

Reviewed 12 June 2018

My friends and I stopped by here before going to watch the NBA Finals game for a quick bit to eat. We also got some drinks. The drinks could have been stronger, might have just been the night, but they were a little watered down in my opinion. I got the steak nachos. They were good....plenty of chips, steak and cheese and chipotle sour cream. It was fresh and hot. If the drinks improved I could move this up to a 4 star. We sat outside which was nice. I would definitely go back and give it another try.

Reviewed 15 July 2016

Interesting and delicious drink menu. Food is very good - fresh salsa and yummy quesadillas. It was a muggy day and the a/c was blasting and felt AMAZING.

Reviewed 30 September 2015 via mobile

Stopped in for an early week cocktail. Ended up trying a couple menu items.

The mango sauce for the fried cheese was super different and delicious. I even saved some of it for my shrimp tacos. Loved it.

The bartender was attentive.

Reviewed 23 September 2015

I worked here, so I have tried everything on the menu (that's vegetarian anyway). The zucchini tacos are the best tacos I've had in my entire life. They're spicy, umptious, creamy and hardy. Even though they're vegetarian tacos, they fill you up. The pickled cabbage offers zest and acid that is a welcome addition. The nachos are excellent, the crisps are absolutely delicious, I crave the queso and I cannot speak highly enough of the soapapilla. Even after working there, I could still eat there every single day.

The ambiance is pretty cool- it's all outside (there's a small inside portion for concerts). But it's a beautiful place to hang out in the summer and just snack on different appetizers or split a crisp. The patio is spread out between two old streets with lights strung up. It's gorgeous and a really good way to get a feel for Champaign.

And as the night gets older, the place can become a really fun bar. The cocktails are divine and potent. Their beer list is extensive and there's something for everyone. They have live music during the weekends, and fun events planned during other weeknights (like salsa/tango night).

I really recommend this place- for whatever you're in the mood for. You really can't go wrong. It's a great place for families, couples, singles... everyone.