“Friendly and accommodating!”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Valerie W
“Friendly and accommodating!”
Reviewed 7 August 2017 for a stay in July 2017

This was a gem to find! I was looking in Nauvoo for a place to stay for my family of 8 and was referred to Dave in Carthage. The drive to Nauvoo is very easy and only takes about 20 minutes. The location was wonderful as that we were in walking distance to Carthage Jail and a country market which we would not have had access to in Nauvoo as that town is very small.
The accommodations were wonderful! There were three beds in total, in three separate rooms. There is a BBQ area outside, and the kitchen and pantry space was great. They had all the things we could have wanted or needed such as pots, pans, plates etc.
There is one bathroom, but it was never an issue for an "emergency". I also appreciated that there was quality shampoo, conditioner, and two types of body wash.
The cost was VERY affordable!
Quality place and very comfortable.

Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
7 Aug 2017
Thank You Valerie! You were a blessing to have! Your family was great and it's always wonderful to have guests that one learns from and gets to know better!

If you have the chance as a provider of housing to have this great couple and/or their family stay, you'll appreciate the wonderful condition they leave your building in after!

A blessing for us! Thanks again!
Stlcfan
Peoria, Illinois
“Home away from home”
Reviewed 16 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017

This is my third or fourth stay at Carthage Suites. I travel here for business and it truly has become my home away from home. Dave and his wife have remodeled this apartment above a storefront on the historic Carthage square. They have done a fabulous job. It is furnished and has all of the amenities that I could want and more.

There is a full kitchen with new appliances and stocked with dishes and utensils that you would need. The living room is large and comfortable with a 55" + tv with Direct TV. The bathroom has a dual sink vanity and tub/shower combo. The bedrooms are large and spacious with nicely appointed and comfortable beds. There is wifi with internet free. There is also a very nice laundry room with full washer and dryer.

There is a deck out back with a grill. Like fresh vegetables - if you see something you want in their garden - take it.

The County Market grocery store is 1 block away to stock up for meals. Don't want to cook? On the square are Los Charros Mexican restraunt, Alfannos Italian, Taste of China, and the Wood Inn Bar and grill all easily walked to. Also nearby are Hardees, DQ, Lilly's frozen yogurt, Subway, etc.

I was able to bring my family of 6 here and stay very comfortably. There are 2 official bedrooms with what is essentially a third off of the main bedroom (no door - was an office space previously I believe). In fact, we have it booked again in July for the whole family.

The owners are all about making your stay comfortable and making sure that you have everything that you need. They continue to develop their property and are planing on adding a 1 bedroom and an efficiency style suite.

I have stayed in many hotels for much more money and not had nearly as nice of accommodations.

My only concern about this place is that as the word gets out about it - I will have more difficulty getting the dates I need it for when I return!

Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
24 Apr 2017
Wow! We are so thrilled that you enjoy the rooms and THANK YOU for such an outstanding review and description! We know how busy you are which makes your time spent on this review so much more of a blessing!
Kcbizboss...
“Awesome Experience”
Reviewed 6 April 2017 for a stay in February 2017

I really enjoyed my stay at the Carthage Suites. It was a spacious 2 1/2 room loft with A large screen TV, kitchen area complete with coffee and ice maker. It is very centrally located, and the owners are wonderful and extremely helpful.

6 Apr 2017
Thank you for your business and visit KC! Great guest and wonderful, engaging conversations!
Cameo R
“Carthage Executive Suites is Amazing!”
Reviewed 29 March 2017 for a stay in August 2016

The Carthage Suites is located perfectly in downtown Carthage, right across from a gorgeous historic courthouse! This was a jaw dropping place to stay with my boyfriend while we visited family. We even spent sometime getting to know the owners on the back patio that overlooks the garden in the summer, you can really tell Monica and Dave put hard work and effort into making this the best place to stay year round!

1 Apr 2017
Thank you for your business, visit and positive attitudes!
jamesweid...
Nashville, Tennessee
“Awesome Experience”
Reviewed 27 March 2017 for a stay in March 2017

I just finished my second stay at the executive condo in Carthage. Another pleasurable experience!! The place is quaint yet a modern feel where it counts (bathroom, TV, internet). Hardwood floors and antique furniture is the difference. Plenty of room. And spotless!! Can't wait to get back to Carthage.

1 Apr 2017
Thank You James! We enjoy having you and appreciate your business!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing