“Great place for ribs”

Famous Dave's
Ranked #28 of 165 Restaurants in Bolingbrook
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I’m a fan of good baby back ribs and Dave’s is one of the better places in the Chicago area for good ribs, IMHO. I arrived at 6pm on a Thursday and it was not very busy. Service was very good, dinner came quickly, and the food was excellent. If you appreciate good baby back ribs, give it a try.

Reviewed 6 March 2018

The service for people who dine AT Famous Dave's is wonderful. Of course, so are the ribs, pineapple slices, broccoli, and all kinds of potatoes. The beer selections are varied and sometimes quite inexpensive. Famous Dave's in Bolingbrook is one of our favorite places.

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

Went here for lunch with my wife. Service was good and quick. Lots of variety on the menu. We got the devil spit burger and Cajun chicken sandwich. Both were very good.

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

This place has definitely gone down as far as good customer service is concerned. Therefore, I am updating my review from 2016. My husband called to place a "to go" order on 8/26/17 at approx 7pm. The young man taking the order was so rude and unprofessional we just told him we would drive there to place our order. Once we made it there, we placed our order with a young man named Ryan (not certain if he is the same person we spoke to on the phone or not). He asked me if I wanted ranch or Bleu cheese with my wings and I told him ranch. Well, when my husband went back in to get our food, I informed him to make sure they put the ranch in our bag, bc they always forget to do so, sure enough they had forgotten it, so my husband asked for ranch and the young man said, ranch does not come with your order"! So my husband stated, "we ordered wings, you asked my wife if she wanted ranch or Bleu cheese and it's on our receipt we requested ranch", the young man then looked at the receipt and he used profanity. .. (which I am not allowed to repeat on Trip Advisor, however, that was very unprofessional! I am not sure if this location has new management or not, however, I will not be going back any time soon! The food was ok, nothing how it used to be.

1  Thank katina M
Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

We have been to Famous Dave's at three different locations. All of them have had good service. My wife typically orders chicken which is always been very good. I typically order their ribs and have always been very pleased. We ate this time at their restaurant located in Bolingbrook and I ordered their barbecue beef brisket. The brisket was not fresh and juicy, but very dry and did not have the smoky taste that I would expect. Their barbecue sauce covered the brisket, but it was not helpful.I fully expected the brisket to be of the same quality as the ribs, but was very disappointed. I will return to Famous Dave's, But will stick with the ribs.