“We love the Lincoln”
Review of Lincoln Theater

Lincoln Theater
Ranked #4 of 16 things to do in Belleville
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Should clarify, we love the Lincoln's main theater. The upper theaters are far too small and cramped. The main theater is great! The prices here are fantastic, they have a generous rewards program as well. Popcorn is the best in the area, bring your Lincoln refillable cup and fill your drinks for 1.00. Great, family friendly place.

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"movie"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed 11 October 2017

I love the nostalgia of the old time feel in the large main floor theatre! On the other hand, I dislike the two smaller very steep theatres. I almost feel like I'm falling out of my seat. I don't quite understand this because the seats were not steep when it was the balcony.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

Pros:
* I LOVE the volunteer organists - and I'm not an "old fart," LOL. It's just that there is nothing else like it anywhere I have ever seen. They play the organ every Friday and Saturday before the evening shows and on some Sundays and holidays (they play before the previews). Some crowds have so much fun with him, it's a real unusual treat!
* Also they have $5 Tuesdays with free popcorn (byo container and your loyalty card to get this perk).
* They have a good loyalty rewards program
* you can buy plastic Lincoln Theater soda cups and get cheap $1 refills when you bring them back the next time - saves you money AND so much better for the environment than at other theaters.
* Easy parking behind the theater.
* Great to support local businesses.
* Their full-price ticket pricking is cheaper than the other first-run theaters in the area.
* Abe's Gourmet popcorn is right next door.
Cons:
* Some of the seats in the theater are old and not comfy, but they are a minority. If you get a bad seat, move :-) there is always room.
* Also for some movies the sound is not crisp. It's totally fine for human speech but I had trouble understanding Bane in Batman (The dude who talked through a mask the entire movie), and there was so much layered sound in Transformers it was tough to get through. In all these years though, those were the only 2 movies I had trouble with the sound.

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

Hadn't been here in a while. The theatre is pretty shabby. We were upstairs in one of the smaller theatres and some of the seats had signs on them because they were broken. Carpet was stained and showing it's age. Went here a lot as a teenager and now take my grandchild. Just a little bit of cleaning would do wonders.

See more reviews
Reviewed 22 March 2017 via mobile

My family and I have been seeing movies at the Lincoln for the past 10 years. I prefer the Lincoln over the other big-name theaters not only because of the nostalgia, but for the great prices. An entire family can go to the movies for practically half of what you would pay elsewhere.

And don't forget your reusable Lincoln cups!! Bring them back with the lid for $1 refills