Review Highlights
Classic Lady, great prices

The main theater is a beautiful, elegant old theater with the original velvet seats, cast plaster... read more

Reviewed 29 December 2018
sjhallinan
Saw Skyscrapper with brother Doug

The Lincoln Theater has been around all of our lives. Doug and I have been going here since we... read more

Reviewed 7 August 2018
George S
Belleville

All reviews main floor rewards program first run movies matinee lid balcony upstairs performance tickets cup popcorn premier refreshments release organ
Reviewed 11 October 2017

I love the nostalgia of the old time feel in the large main floor theatre! On the other hand, I dislike the two smaller very steep theatres. I almost feel like I'm falling out of my seat. I don't quite understand this because the seats were not steep when it was the balcony.

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed 14 September 2017

Pros:
* I LOVE the volunteer organists - and I'm not an "old fart," LOL. It's just that there is nothing else like it anywhere I have ever seen. They play the organ every Friday and Saturday before the evening shows and on some Sundays and holidays (they play before the previews). Some crowds have so much fun with him, it's a real unusual treat!
* Also they have $5 Tuesdays with free popcorn (byo container and your loyalty card to get this perk).
* They have a good loyalty rewards program
* you can buy plastic Lincoln Theater soda cups and get cheap $1 refills when you bring them back the next time - saves you money AND so much better for the environment than at other theaters.
* Easy parking behind the theater.
* Great to support local businesses.
* Their full-price ticket pricking is cheaper than the other first-run theaters in the area.
* Abe's Gourmet popcorn is right next door.
Cons:
* Some of the seats in the theater are old and not comfy, but they are a minority. If you get a bad seat, move :-) there is always room.
* Also for some movies the sound is not crisp. It's totally fine for human speech but I had trouble understanding Bane in Batman (The dude who talked through a mask the entire movie), and there was so much layered sound in Transformers it was tough to get through. In all these years though, those were the only 2 movies I had trouble with the sound.

Date of experience: June 2017
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

Hadn't been here in a while. The theatre is pretty shabby. We were upstairs in one of the smaller theatres and some of the seats had signs on them because they were broken. Carpet was stained and showing it's age. Went here a lot as a teenager and now take my grandchild. Just a little bit of cleaning would do wonders.

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed 22 March 2017 via mobile

My family and I have been seeing movies at the Lincoln for the past 10 years. I prefer the Lincoln over the other big-name theaters not only because of the nostalgia, but for the great prices. An entire family can go to the movies for practically half of what you would pay elsewhere.

And don't forget your reusable Lincoln cups!! Bring them back with the lid for $1 refills

Date of experience: March 2017
Reviewed 18 October 2016

The Lincoln is a hold over from the 1920s. But locally owned and not over priced. Yes it needs some updating, but I have been going there for the last 50 some years. The popcorn is great and you can stop by their popcorn store and take it home in numerous different flavors.

Date of experience: October 2016