Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in great prices from these sites
Hotels.comUSD 238
TripadvisorUSD 238
PricelineUSD 264
eDreamsUSD 264
TravelocityUSD 238
All reviews fish get away you will not be disappointed swim up bar first class great place dock staff place to eat nice beach couple of nights bar tender club cay marina boat pool bahamas
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 December 2020

We manage an island very close to Chub Cay and because covid has prevented us from travelling this year, my husband suprised me for my birthday with a weekend at Chub Cay. Well it turned out to be my best birthday yet! From the minute we arrived the staff made us feel looked after! Keana and Keisha gave us the best check in we have ever had and even sang happy birthday to me when we got to the room (which was beautifully decorated with balloons and rose petals!) Montura was always helpful and friendly and the three made up fantastic front desk crew!

The cabana was exquisitely clean and fresh and had everything you need. The beach was divine and the restaurant (that we basically had all to ourselves) was welcoming. The food was delicious and reasonably priced.

I had a full body massage with Crystal who is an incredible massage therapist and I swear has magic hands!

Definitely take a look in the shop, it has SO many goodies and very reasonable!

I cant say enough about Chub Cay, thank you to all the staff and management for such a wonderful break and we cannot wait to return!

Date of stay: December 2020
1  Thank islandgirlwellness
Reviewed 1 July 2020 via mobile

Great place. We have been to almost all the Bahamian islands and this one tops them all. The pool is phenomenal and the beach cabanas that we stayed in were super clean and well appointed. The food was great. Also , Make sure to check out the Nauti rooster . The staff really goes out of their way to make you feel welcome. We were only on the island for three days but made to feel like we had been their for weeks. A shout out to Africa, Rye, Shanon, and Keisha. Can’t wait to go back. You will not be disappointed.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Morgan Schober, General Manager at Chub Cay Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2020

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review! We hope to see you on island again soon. Stay well and safe travels!

Reviewed 29 June 2020 via mobile

We live in Lyford Cay in the Bahamas and decided to take our little fast 38’ boat to Chub for a ‘change of scenery’. It’s a one hour ride.

The good:
The dock staff are great. Very clear docking instructions on the radio and useful assistance along with a big welcome and driving us in the golf cart to check in.
The resort is beautiful, with a lovely clubhouse. Our two bedroom villa was clean and well designed. It had everything you need except some of it didn’t work!
The restaurant is nice with lovely waiting staff who try really hard.
The beach is lovely and the cocktails from the tiki bar are nicely done and good to wallow in the sea with.

The bad:
The menu was a ‘short menu’ as there were few guests due to COVID. We don’t mind this but why not say this when you book? Why is there no fish on it?? In a fishing resort!
Maid service costs extra. Again why not say when you book or check in?
You need a golf cart as although walking is possible, you will tire of it. Again why not offer when you are booking? We were pleased we rented one.
On the first day the guest toilet didn’t work. Fixed on first day ✅
The air conditioning didn’t work in the upstairs bedroom so daughter had to bunk in living room. Fixed on second day ✅
Sat TV didn’t work well. Not fixed.
Ice maker in fridge was frozen solid. Fixed it myself ( got sick of asking reception)
No maid service although we asked for it 4 times and didn’t mind paying. The maid ‘forgot’ about it. She gets up at 5am apparently. So do I, but if I forget I get fired. We had to beg to get clean towels.
They ran out of beach towels on the last day ( nobody there, so why?) so the receptionist had to get out of the chair and go and get them. Big drama!

The ugly:
NO communication. Most of this could have been avoided with proper communication at the booking stage. It’s not about money, it’s about customer service.
Attitude problem: Receptionist on Sunday had no interest in the problems and less interest in solving them. This is endemic in the Bahamas and we live here so we know. Get some customer service training.
You gave me a small credit for inconvenience, but I just want a good vacation. I don’t care about the money or I wouldn’t have gone here!

In summary, we really loved the place but were massively frustrated by service, maintenance and communication issues which you shouldn’t get at this price point.

Kudos to the EXCELLENT Portia in the restaurant and tiki bar. Lovely lady.
Also to Lionel the chef for explaining the short menu. The food we had was excellent especially Lobster Bisque.
Dock staff were great too.

Will we go back? Not right now. Harbour island, Highbourne Cay and Staniel Cay are better. I really hope Chub sort themselves out. If they do I will happily return.

Date of stay: June 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Dogontour

Hey!

Thank you for taking the time to review. As you stated, we are operating during a pandemic and during June was our first reopening after being closed for 3 months.

To address some issues: Golf cart rentals are the first option given when booking online. The reservation for Villas also states that housekeeping is not offered daily and can be requested if available at a fee.

We hope to see you again when as we move forward being fully open and operational.

Reviewed 21 January 2020

This is my new favorite place on the planet. If you’re looking for a calm, peaceful, relaxing get away from tourist traps, this is your place. We had an amazing stay, and the staff were so friendly and helpful. We didn’t want to leave this paradise. Thank you so much for the perfect wedding/honeymoon!

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank markmC3514RN
Reviewed 16 January 2020

Very nice facility for a small island in the bahamas with no other services or infrastructure on island. Hotel room and bungalo we stayed in were snug but clean and well appointed. I'm not a fan of places that automatically add a 15% tip to every bill. Also they mark-up the fishing guide rate by $200 per day and provide no added value for that mark-up - for example they don't provide a box lunch - you pay extra for that. They had great wifi with good reach!

Date of stay: January 2020