All reviews enjoyed my stay comfortable beds peeling microwave shower pillows
Reviewed 31 August 2015

When you are traveling through very small towns, your sleeping options are so limited but I can tell you that this little gem was a great find. They answered all of my email questions prior to our arrival and had our rooms ready for an early check-in. The owners have had the place in the family since 1980. When we checked in 8/29/15, the owners father (the previous owner) told us all about the history of Preston and made a good restaurant recommendation too. Really nice people. The rooms are very clean with new mattresses, updated interior with tons of room and storage space for your luggage. AC was awesome, nice and cool. What is most important to me when staying at any place that is not home is its cleanliness and I give this place a 9.5! I am not easy to please when it comes to clean!!! It is not fancy but has everything you need, quiet, clean, fridge w/freezer, microwave, table and chairs, free wifi and comfortable. I love supporting mom and pop businesses and these people really care about their clientele. Thanks to Tim and Kim, you will not be disappointed with a stay here and the price is very reasonable too.

Room Tip: Some rooms are adjoining with the doors easily opened in between.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 August 2015 via mobile

Stayed at the Plaza Motel on a cross country road trip from Eugene OR to Boston MA. We arrived extremely late having gotten a late start out of Eugene. The desk clerk was very friendly even though we checked in at 1:30 AM she took the time to explain the location for the vending machine and ice.

The room was clean albeit dated. The beds were comfortable, not firm (which I prefer), but we got a good nights sleep. The motel is right off Highway 91 so there was an occasional truck rolling by. Also occasional train horns so if you're sensitive to noise you might want to bring a set of ear plugs, but I slept through it all.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Ann B
Reviewed 5 June 2015 via mobile

I got unexpectedly stuck in Preston (car issue) and was in suddenly in need of a motel. Plaza Motel was the only place I could find in town, so I got a room. I was pleasantly surprised. The room was spacious and clean with comfortable beds, nice flat screen TV, fridge, microwave, dining table, etc. The staff were friendly and helpful. The location was decent; on the main road in the south end of town.

Overall I enjoyed my stay and feel that Plaza Motel is a good choice for staying in Preston.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
4  Thank Shawn_Storm
Reviewed 25 May 2015 via mobile

Well taken care of. There are some updated rooms you can request. Free wifi. Great prices. Friendly staff. Allow extra time to check in, slow process. Great to be able to sleep in Preston. In remodeled rooms, there is new carpet, pain, updated shower.

Stayed: May 2015
5  Thank 112sheilat
Reviewed 17 May 2015

Driving onto the property we saw beautiful, spacious grounds with flowers and lovely, well maintained trees. Very friendly and accomodating staff upon check in. Room was spacious with 2 large queen beds, which seemed new. They were firm, which is what I prefer. Totally impressed by the bathroom that looks like it was constructed recently. In talking to the housekeeping manager/owner the bath surrounds were 2 years old but everything looked brand new. Bath floor and tub and sinks scrubbed spotless. Hotel staff is to be commended! Flooring showed no sign of wear and tear and no unsightly cigarette burns you sometimes find in hotel bathrooms. We will definitely stay here again, if ever passing through Preston!

Room Tip: all our requests were readily fulfilled. Excellent staff!
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple