“TownPlace Suites Pocatello, ID”

TownePlace Suites Pocatello
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Pocatello
Rockwall, Texas
“TownPlace Suites Pocatello, ID”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2011

I am a Marriott Executive Platinum customer and this property exceeded my expectations for a TownPlace Suites! The room was clean and the staff was very friendly. No bedbugs. Free breakfast. The only negative is that it was hard to find the turn-in to actually get to the hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Adirondack, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2011

After a sleepless night in Fairfield Inn in Kennewick, WA and then a long drive to Pocatello we slept all night in our quiet room. I heard in the evening noises of the highway but too far away to be disturbed at night. We picked up our dinner at Ruby Friday and ate in our room which had a full refrigerator, stove and microwave. Ruby Tuesday gave us 10% discount because we were staying at the hotel.
Breakfast was a typical affair, wireless worked fine, room and bathrooms were very clean. Would return any time we're in the area.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Places
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2011

This is a very nice facility, even for 1 or 2 nights. Very spacious rooms and the hotel was spotless. Even had popcorn in the room for us to munch on.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
furnitureruss
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2011

I stayed at the TownPlace Suites in Pocatello in August 2011. Let me begin by saying that the people who work here are warm, friendly, and very accomodating. There is plenty of free parking, a Ruby Tuesday right next door (literally next door - less than a one minute walk). The rooms are designed like an efficiency (full fridge, stove top, etc), yet my room which was room 416 smelled a bit moldy. I can't say that I wouldn't stay here again, but I can tell you that my room (and I can't speak for all rooms) had an odor of mildew and mold. I am attaching a photo of the evident mold that is around the base of the bath tub/shower. Please don't assume this place isn't worth the cost. The hotel is convenient from the freeways, and the people who work here are as nice as can be.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank furnitureruss
Concord, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2011

We stayed here for 4 nights while visiting family in Pocatello. We stayed in a 2 bedroom King Suite which was ample room for the 3 adults, 2 kids & 1 dog. The kitchen and refrigerator came in handy as we were able to prepare most lunches and snacks in the room instead of eating out. The hotel and room were very clean and the hotel staff were warm, friendly and accommodating. The beds were comfy and showers were hot. Breakfast consisted of waffles, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, a variety of cold cereals, fresh oatmeal, coffee, juice, and assorted muffins. The dining area was nice and not too crowded each day we were there (Wed-Sun).

One complaint is that the walls aren't soundproof, we could hear the loud people next door while we were trying to fall asleep. These same people were doing cannon balls in the pool and creating huge waves for our little swimmers so I'd say the complaint is more directed towards the loud and inconsiderate guests who happened to be in the room next door. We weren't bothered with them enough to complain to hotel staff but I'm sure they would have been responsive if we had. Also, the Wi-Fi is also a bit of a joke... it was hardly worth using. I wouldn't stay here if I was depending on using the wi-fi capabilities. For our family trip, it wasn't really an issue.

Overall, nice place to stay. We took advantage of the pool, gym facilities, breakfast, etc. and don't have any major complaints. I will definitely stay here again when we visit family again next year!

Room Tip: Ask for free upgrade before you arrive. If they have availability, they will probably give you a nic...