“V good ”

Price range: USD 7 - USD 26
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Barley Mow marks the start and end of a walk up Pendle Hill, and puts the 'pub' in the Seafood Pub Company! Serving pub classics and on-trend eats our proper pub has its own wow factor with a hunt lodge style interior and 6 guest bedrooms... We source the best of British produce to ensure high levels of quality and consistency and also have daily changing specials.
Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

Had spring roll starter rather bland but ok , Sunday roast was the best we have ever had anywhere the large Yorkshire pudding was to die for plenty of vegetables and gravy would definitely go again

2  Thank poppyshan
SeafoodPubCo, Manager at Barley Mow, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2017

Hello Poppyshan

Thank you so much for reviewing the Barley Mow we are delighted to see that you enjoyed your food and really appreciate the feedback. Since you visited us we have adjusted the recipe slightly for the spring rolls. I would be delighted to welcome you back and perhaps you will try them again and tell us what you think.

Many thanks

Alex

Reviewed 14 July 2017

Seen the pictures of dogs playing pool. This place has dogs sat on dining chairs at the dining table. Staff don't mind. Never seen that in my life. Is that allowed by Environmental health in restaurants? Id had three pints by the time my food arrived. Never known that before. The food I received was not what I'd even ordered. On my fourth pint ordering from the bar as no one ever offered at the table the chef was frustrated as he had six plates needing serving. One of the nicest pub building around, but the biggest disaster I've been to in ages. I'm telling Everyone. Whoever owns the Seafoodpubcompany needs to get off their lazy backside and sort this place out.

3  Thank MRTraveller794
ManagerSPC, Manager at Barley Mow, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2017

Hello MRTraveller794
Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to review the Barley Mow. I am very disappointed to see that you had a less than satisfactory visit. Your feedback is extremely valuable as it brings to our attention things on which we can improve.
I would very much like to discuss your visit with you further so that I can address any issues and communicate with the whole team. You will be able to contact me directly on the following email address: alex@barleymowpendle.co.uk with more details of when you visited us e.t.c. I will look forward to hearing from you.

Kindest regards

Alex

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

My friend and I recently had breakfast at the Barley Mow, food was great, I can highly recommended it.
I wanted to say a special thank you to katie, who served us. what a pleasant lady, very helpful.

1  Thank Lorraine B
ManagerSPC, Manager at Barley Mow, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2017

Hello Lorraine

Such a lovely review i will pass the message on to the staff.

See you again soon

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

We turned up around when the kitchen was closing and Lee insisted we could order whatever we wanted still which was fantastic. Nathan, Laura and Lorna were very attentive and friendly. Highly recommended!!

Hello Anthony

Thank you for the review , I will make sure the praise is passed on and its lovely to here that they didn't send you away hungry .

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Overnight stay in this little gem of a place. Comfy beds, clean room, friendly staff and atmosphere. Food was delicious and outside dining a bonus. Thank you all for such a great overnight stay. One reminder though, room two needs mirror putting up in bathroom.

Hello Jackie

So glad that you enjoyed your styay with us at our cosy venue and that the staff made you feel at home .