“Not what we expected”
Review of Rupert's

Rupert's
Reserve with OpenTable
Rupert's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 71 Restaurants in McCall
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Description: At Rupert's we strive to offer fresh, honest, clean, simple, good value food. Chef Gary Kucy places a focus on flavor with quality ingredients with a fondness toward ethnic flavors of the Southwest, Asia, and Mediterranean.
Reviewed 4 August 2018

My wife and I went to Rupert's for an anniversary dinner. It was the middle of the summer tourist season in McCall so this probably wasn't the best time to try Rupert's for the first time as it was very busy. I ordered the Thai special which included a cup of shrimp soup and chicken in yellow curry. Before I was half finished the tiny cup of warm (not hot) soup, my not so warm curry arrived. My wife had finished perhaps 20% of her beet salad. By that time the table next to us was filled and included perhaps the loudest talking person in Idaho. My wife and I gave up on trying to talk to one another. By the time we finished our meal, the noise in the dining room was deafening. I think probably the rest of the people in the room were trying to compete with our neighbor. Throughout the meal we saw our waitress a few times. We had expected fine dining, and were were sorely disappointed. We imagine we would have had a much better experience in the off-season, and will try it once more after Labor Day.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank drtom100

Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

We hadn’t been here in a couple of years, but so glad to be back. Really cool menu with creative options like momos and buffalo. Great service. The patio overlooks the lake, so sit outside in the summer. Great experience, we will be back!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

We shared a nice Sazerac, burrata, salad, and sea bass. All well prepared and tasty. Good service, nice view from window to Payette Lake. Small, good restaurant with both indoor and outdoor seating, part of the Hotel McCall.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 10 July 2018

Experienced drinks, dinner and wine with good friends at Ruperts late June. We all had separate dishes and shared. Everything from the appetizer to dessert was fabulous. Restaurant allowed bringing our own wine. Great view of Payette Lake on a wonderful evening.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 8 July 2018

Had a wonderful dinner in April 2018, over looking the frozen lake. Pleasantly surprised by the Thai night dishes. Several in our party had the grouper, and still talk about it . Brussels sprouts also excellent. Can't go wrong with this place!

Date of visit: April 2018

Been to Rupert's? Share your experiences!