“Nice surprise!”

Riverwalk Thai Restaurant
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 6 April 2018

As a vegetarian, finding adequate food while traveling can be a gamble. I was surprised to find that the tiny town of Lava Hot Springs had a Thai restaurant. Delicious food! I'll visit again when staying in town.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed 29 March 2018

Called and place a to-go order on a Tuesday evening and when I asked how long it would be the guy hung up on me. Didn't even ask my name, number or tell me the cost. Since we were walking distance from it, I figured if it wasn't ready we would just wait. We get there, walk in to the counter and stand there for about 5 minutes before a guys says "how many"?. I said I called in an order, and he just walks away. Then another guy came over and ask how many and again I said I called in an order. He said wait over there. So we sat at the bench an waited for about 10 minutes. Finally the one guy brings us a bag with our food, we pay and leave. Now it's a 2 minute walk to our hotel and we sit down to eat and the food is just warm. We had the Pad Thai chicken and some spring rolls. There was no flavor to the Pad Thai. Very disappointing since we had two different people suggest this place.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 22 January 2018

We arrived and only one table was open (seat yourself atmosphere). We sat and had water delivered to us promptly but that was the only thing that was prompt. The people sitting next to us had been there 10 minutes when we got there and still hadn't ordered. 20 min. later, another table left and another family walked in, sat themselves, and had the waiter over taking their order within moments. We had been waiting at that point for over 20 min. just to place our order and the people next to us for over 30 min. My husband flagged the server down right away and reminded him of this. At that point our orders were finally taken (with a huge thank you from the people who had been waiting there before us) and our appetizers came out in a reasonable time, food was hot and delicious and the kid serving us was apologetic and tried to do a good job so we still left a 25% tip. But once we got back to our room I began to feel awful and was up all night feeling terrible. I don't know if it was from their food (I'm gluten intolerant and was told the green curry and pad thai was gluten free so ate them without worry as most curry and pad thai are gluten free) but my body reacted as though I had just eaten a large bowl of pasta. So even though the food tasted good, I won't be back. The service is awful and the food prices rather high (even for somewhere outside of Lava Hot Springs) but taste good (except for the crab fried rice, no one at the table liked it). I hope this helps! PS: There is no beer or wine service here either.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

Your basic Thai place for Americans... all the usual dishes. Curry is gluten free, chef / owner understood exactly what we needed. Food on the salty side, teeny-tiny rice portions, and definitely made from mixes... not a single vegetable in the curry. For a remote spot in Idaho, much better than expected. Perspective.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 3 January 2018

This restaurant is perhaps my favorite in Lava Hot Springs. The prices are reasonable and the food is great. The spring rolls and the Tom Kha Kai soup were excellent. The wait was long, however, as they seem to be under staffed - not a good thing for one of the busiest weeks of the year.

Date of visit: December 2017