“High Quality Guides”

Henry's Fork Anglers
Ranked #7 of 16 things to do in Island Park
More attraction details
Owner description: Henry's Fork Anglers is located on the banks of the world famous Henry's Fork of the Snake River. Henry's Fork Anglers is a full service fly shop offering the angler a full complement of flies, fly fishing tackle, and clothing. Known the world over for its prolific hatches, challenging trout and spectacular scenery, the Henry's Fork fishery has no equal and with over 30 years of angling experience, Henry’s Fork Anglers has established themselves as the premier fly shop!Henry's Fork Anglers also provides guided fishing trips on the Henry's Fork, South Fork of the Snake River, Madison River, Yellowstone National Park, and on numerous area lakes.
Reviewed 2 August 2017

Tougher than average fishing skills required, but the guides are outstanding and the shop is excellent. Highly recommended for experienced anglers and older kids. They did a great job with the kids.

All reviews
"cutthroat"
"fishing"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed 10 July 2017

We floated two days and waded the rest of the week. Although Cardiac Canyon is beautiful, Box Canyon was much better fishing. Jay and Tom were fantastic guides. Staff is very personable and helpful with flies and locations. Be aware that you will be charged for leaders, tippet, flies, and you have to rent rods if you didn't bring your own. It is not an insignificant charge, either. I have never been charged for that before.

Reviewed 9 December 2016 via mobile

Bob Lamm was our guide on a fishing trip some people only dream of. Yes our day with Bob Lamm was great regardless of my hyperthermia from my leaky waders. That was not fun. But, I caught my biggest trout ever, a huge cutthroat. We learned alot from Bob, and enjoyed the rest of our week on Henry's Fork. We definitely used all the extra flys we had left over from our guide time. Our second day on the river was AFTER stopping back at the shop to buy my brand new waders. End of October, beginning November and I need ladies waders, what are the chances? Yes! Thank goodness HFA had a great pair of Simms. I'm a happy girl! And thoroughly loved my time fishing the Henry's Fork. Thanks HFA! Hope to be back again some day!

Reviewed 20 September 2016 via mobile

These guys at Henry's Fork Anglers did a great job with us. We got two boats and two guides to float Henry's Fork River. While the early morning weather was a bit cool for us Texans, it changed to a really nice day later on. Our two guides, Tom and Paul, did yeomen work to ensure that we had both a good time and catch a lot of fish.

Our guide, Paul, engaged us regularly with excellent suggestions as to catching fish. Also, he was somewhat of a standup comedian with jokes and anecdotal tales of his past as a great Razorback fan to his transformation to an outdoor guide in Idaho. Obviously we would recommend this group to all who want to have a good time and catch the wily trout. We plan on coming back next year.

1  Thank Wayne R