“Bucket List and Leaky Waders”

Henry's Fork Anglers
Ranked #9 of 17 things to do in Island Park
More attraction details
Owner description: Henry's Fork Anglers is located on the banks of the world famous Henry's Fork of the Snake River. Henry's Fork Anglers is a full service fly shop offering the angler a full complement of flies, fly fishing tackle, and clothing. Known the world over for its prolific hatches, challenging trout and spectacular scenery, the Henry's Fork fishery has no equal and with over 30 years of angling experience, Henry’s Fork Anglers has established themselves as the premier fly shop!Henry's Fork Anglers also provides guided fishing trips on the Henry's Fork, South Fork of the Snake River, Madison River, Yellowstone National Park, and on numerous area lakes.
Reviewed 9 December 2016 via mobile

Bob Lamm was our guide on a fishing trip some people only dream of. Yes our day with Bob Lamm was great regardless of my hyperthermia from my leaky waders. That was not fun. But, I caught my biggest trout ever, a huge cutthroat. We learned alot from Bob, and enjoyed the rest of our week on Henry's Fork. We definitely used all the extra flys we had left over from our guide time. Our second day on the river was AFTER stopping back at the shop to buy my brand new waders. End of October, beginning November and I need ladies waders, what are the chances? Yes! Thank goodness HFA had a great pair of Simms. I'm a happy girl! And thoroughly loved my time fishing the Henry's Fork. Thanks HFA! Hope to be back again some day!

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"leader"
"idaho"

Reviewed 20 September 2016 via mobile

These guys at Henry's Fork Anglers did a great job with us. We got two boats and two guides to float Henry's Fork River. While the early morning weather was a bit cool for us Texans, it changed to a really nice day later on. Our two guides, Tom and Paul, did yeomen work to ensure that we had both a good time and catch a lot of fish.

Our guide, Paul, engaged us regularly with excellent suggestions as to catching fish. Also, he was somewhat of a standup comedian with jokes and anecdotal tales of his past as a great Razorback fan to his transformation to an outdoor guide in Idaho. Obviously we would recommend this group to all who want to have a good time and catch the wily trout. We plan on coming back next year.

1  Thank Wayne R
Reviewed 8 August 2016

Awesome shop, awesome guides, awesome flies. Thanks Tom for putting me on the fish! Tom was more than happy to answer my questions and even give me suggestions where to go then show it to me on the map. Really do not get that service at a lot of places generally.

Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

Absolutely incredible! We bought this trip at a fundraiser and even though our guide, Jay wasn't paid he was awesome. We would have not made it down the steep trail without his assistance. I highly recommend Henry's Anglers. The whole staff is great.

1  Thank Connie H
See more reviews
Reviewed 23 July 2016

If you are planning a fly fishing trip to the Henry's Fork, South Fork, Madison River (MT) or any where in the greater Yellowstone area, you need to at least contact Henry's Fork Anglers and get advice as to how you can enhance your trip. For instance, are you aware that HFA has recently started providing guided trips on the Teton River? Last week my stepson and I floated the Teton with our guide Colton. My stepson is a true beginner and with help and instruction from Colton caught his first nice trout in four trips to the area. HFA is either the only or one of two fly shops to have guides that can put you on this beautiful and productive river. BTW, I recently saw at least one negative review on YELP. Should you see it, please do not believe it. I have been fishing with HFA guides since 1976 and never seen or heard of the issues the reviewer(s) discusses. There are plenty fly shops in the area and if I did not have complete confidence with HFA I would simply walk right across the street to another shop.

2  Thank jddenson