“Waste of money....”

Triple Play Resort Hotel & Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hayden
Reviewed 4 August 2017

My son and I were at the end of a 3 week road trip that included Death Valley, the Grand Canyon and Crater Lake and I booked this hotel for my son to have Kid fun on the last two days of our trip. The room was over 180 dollars per night, at least 30 bucks higher than any other place on our trip. I was ok with that because I thought it included all these wonderful things like waterslides and bowling. At the very least a pool....right?
BUT NO, NOTHING IS INCLUDED!!! Not even a pool. What a joke!
Breakfast is included and is below average, at least for any healthy choices. And costco muffins are not a healthy choice.
Also, our A/C didn't work. I mean we left Redding CA at 115 deg f, and our room was a lovely 67 f. Here very close to the Canadian border, at 90f outside we couldn't get the temp below 76 in our room.

Room Tip: Don't go here
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Blair S

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

First, I would say that the people who rate this hotel poorly seem to have done so for unusually bad experiences (everyone has had one at any hotel) or because they didn't do enough research, imo. This hotel is right in line with other Holiday Inns in terms of cleanliness, noise volume, and the quality of breakfast options. However for us, the adjacent Triple Play park and the proximity to Silverwood and to Wal-Mart, make this our go-to place, when we would rather stay in a hotel than go camping. It is perfect for teens and tweens to enjoy either on their own or with parents.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Raingal7
Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

We did a stay and play deal that was for 2 days and 1 night that my mother was paying for as a gift for our anniversary. We will not return.

The first problem we ran into was that my mother had booked our room for us online. When we arrived and checked in we were then told that we still needed to pay. I said that no we had only held a spot with my mothers credit card and that the only way to pay with that card was to email a confirmation slip to my mom and have her fill it out and email it back with a copy of her liscense. Knowi g this would take hours i decided to just pay for it with my own debit card (thank goodness i could cover it as we live 3 1/2 hours away). Not a huge deal but annoying. Evidently there is no way to gift a stay to someone.
I called in advance to make sure we would have a refrigerator in our room. When we arrived I put a bunch of food in our fridge and left to go 'play.' When we came back after 10pm, the fridge had stopped working and all our food was bad. When I called to complain about it (after throwing out a good $30 of food) the only response I got was, "Okay, thanks for letting us know."
When you check in they give you a green price of paper that says if you fill it out and return it to the front desk you will get a free gift. We did so but were never offered anything.
Upon check out I again mentioned the fridge thing. This time they at least replied with an "I am sorry" but nothing beyond that. All in all i was very disappointed with our entire trip. The breakfast that is included was of poor quality and in a small room for such a big hotel, having to wait for tables to open up.
Overall clean but they definately do not live up to the hype or the signs saying to please let them know if your stay is less then perfect, because they frankly do not care. Don't waste your money go to silverwood for 2 days instead. Would be much cheaper!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank rasheal m
Reviewed 17 July 2017

Loved the size of the room, 2 queens and a sitting area with a hide a bed, dinning table for 2, micro wave, ref, and wet bar. Even had paper plates, cups, and bowls.
Perfect family room, to comfortable sleep 6.

Room Tip: Had a little bar next door in the strip mall and few doors down a small pizza restaurant, the food w...
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

We spend $199 per night (2x) and they do not have a pool - the waterpark is not included in the price of the room
Went with 4 and a toddler spent over $650 not including food and arcade!
Oh well,now that we have done it we won't be going back

It was clean, staff was fine but not much for my 2 year old and that limited my fun

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank babeegirltwice
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayden
6.6 km away
32.4 km away
Stoneridge Resort
Stoneridge Resort
#1 of 1 in Blanchard

Been to Triple Play Resort Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Triple Play Resort Hotel & Suites

Address: 151 W. Orchard St., Hayden, ID 83835 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express Hayden-Coeur D'Alene North)
Region: United States > Idaho > Hayden
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hayden
Price Range: $140 - $268 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Triple Play Resort Hotel & Suites 2.5*
The Triple Play Resort Hotel & Suites is North Idaho's most unique hotel. Year round fun is available by walking across the enclosed sky bridge right next door to Raptor Reef Indoor Water Park and Triple Play Family Fun Park (both at additional cost). The Triple Play Resort Hotel & Suites is only minutes away from shopping, hospital, Silverwood, Coeur d'Alene Lake, Hayden Lake, Coeur d' Alene Resort Golf Course, Avondale Golf Course and downtown Coeur d'Alene. Excellent skiing choices are in any direction and easy to get to from the Triple Play Resort Hotel - choose from Schweitzer Mountain, Mt Spokane, Lookout Pass, Silver Mountain or 49 Degrees North . Find out more about our one of a kind rooms including those with bunk beds, some with fireplaces, and Jacuzzi tubs and even hard to find 2 room family suites that can accommodate up to 8 people provide perfect comfort for families and business travelers alike. We are 100% non smoking and provide Express Start hot buffet breakfast to all guests daily. All rooms are equipped with DVD player, microwave, refrigerator and high-speed Internet access. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, lastminute.com.au, Evoline ltd, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Triple Play Resort Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hayden-Coeur d`Alene North Hotel Hayden