“Beautiful, relaxing setting”
other travellers have booked this property
Spacious living room
Spacious living room
Dining room
TV room
Boat Dock
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
ReadySetG...
Orange County, California
“Gorgeous setting, overall beautiful house, but too many little issues”
Reviewed 4 July 2014 for a stay in June 2014
people found this review helpful

Pros. It is true – the view from the house is unbelievable and the outside is absolutely stunning. There is no way you couldn't relax being here and sitting out on the deck or down in the gazebo or laying out on the lawn. It's perfect. The living room area and dining area are also great since it is a very open plan and lots of room for family. The views from those areas are gorgeous. And there is tons of seating so it's nice for people to sit around and hang out. Plus, there is a fireplace that was excellent for the evenings when we would sit around and drink wine. Also, the house has a stereo system throughout which was great inside and sounded even better outside. Oh, and Jeremy, the one who deals with the renting, was very prompt and helpful.

Cons. There are a few quirks. The floor upstairs creaks so badly that it's hard for people to fall asleep easily downstairs if there are people walking around upstairs. It's just what happens when a house is older but it definitely played a part in some difficulty sleeping. Also, the master bedroom does not have a closet at all. They make it look like it does by putting two double mirrors but they in fact are just nailed to the wall. That makes it difficult for hanging clothes. :) The entire downstairs is very dark with little lighting. It seems like an add on where the garage used to be so windows are very limited. Also the other room downstairs that is attached to the four twin bed had major leakage. For a few nights that we were there, it rained and all of my sister and brother in-laws clothing was soaked from the leaks coming in around the window and down the wall. they had to use one of the little portable heaters to dry out their shoes. That explains the slight mildew smell downstairs... I'm assuming this is an ongoing problem and they know about it, so I was a little frustrated that we had to deal with it given that they knew what the weather had been like. Also, the shower in that bathroom is extremely small – it's the size of the shower in an RV. If you have children, it is very difficult or even if you are by yourself, to have a comfortable shower (which is awkward since that's the one attached to the room with the twin beds). Also, you are only given enough towels for one per person, therefore you have to do laundry for clean towels. The only problem was when we ran the washing machine and the dishwasher once during the day, we would only have Warm water for two showers out of the nine of us. For 2 nights the majority of us took cold showers or waited til the next day. Once we saw it wasn't a fluke, we emailed and it was fixed. Also, the kitchen is quite small. It is nicely redone, but there is little counter-space and when we pulled out the cutting board it was covered in food and crumbs. It looked disgusting. Plus, when we first entered the kitchen there was a gross smell. We found out that the trash next to the sink had not been taken out and it was full of empty liquor bottles and raw meat containers. Also, when we got there, several lights in the kitchen and the downstairs bedroom were out so we had to find some lightbulbs in the utility room and replace them all so we could see. And, one of the smoke detectors was beeping. We were told that the cleaning crew had just been there, so you would think the trash, lights, cutting board and the beeping smoke alarm would have all been taking care of. We had to call somebody to come out and help us figure out which one it was. I do have to say as soon as I called them, someone was out with in about 45 minutes and we eventually located the faulty smoke alarm. Lastly, the icemaker in the fridge was broken so no matter how you put the tray in, the fresh ice would not go in the tray so that every time you open the freezer all this ice would fall on the floor. In fact it happened once while they were there to fix the smoke detector and we were the ones that cleaned it up.
I hate to trash this place since it is very quaint and beautiful, but I think it's important to know all the things one experiences while renting a place. I know every house comes with quirks and problems but for me, this was just too many to deal with when we had nine people in the house. I expected more since the house was supposed to be able to sleep up to 12 people. Again, that outside is absolutely gorgeous and if the weather is good, wonderful to relax in but if I'm paying almost $6000 to stay in a place, I expect all the necessary things to be taken care of... I'd recommend the house and maybe stay again if everything was fixed and I only went with my husband or another couple so we could all just stay upstairs… I don't know, I'm torn since the outside is perfect for groups...

Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
CA
Reviewed 3 December 2013 for a stay in July 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing