All reviews air conditioning the main street vaporetto stop boats elevator comfort mins island lido venice
Reviewed 30 August 2017

We stayed here for two weeks in August as a family. I loved my stay here and it was the perfect level of comfort for what we wanted. It is right opposite the Vaporetto stop- so perfect for exploring and 10 mins from the beach. Room was comfortable, we had a little terrace so could sit outside (but what would you be doing in the hotel during the day anyway in Venice!). Breakfast was great, and you could watch the world go by outside as everyone came on and off the boats. In short- great hotel and I hope we will be back some day.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for four nights, and wished we were staying longer.

Although the staff and owners don't speak much English they spoke enough for us to communicate, and were very helpful and willing to please us with everything we requested. I had a couple of polo shirts that I wanted laundered, and they were delivered back to my room four hours later.

The breakfast is the usual continental breakfast, nothing fancy, but everything you need for breakfast. As well as the breakfast room, the hotel also has a cafe and a dining room. The cafe opens onto the breakfast room later in the day, to facilitate larger numbers.

Very importantly, for someone in a wheelchair or someone lugging heavy cases around, there is an elevator. The elevator is small by adequate.

There are shutters on the windows, so there was hardly any noise heard at night. The shutters kept the room cool and comfortable, but there is air-conditioning in the spacious double rooms.

This hotel is ideally situated opposite the vapretto terminal and at the bottom of the main street. The main street is filled with restaurants, ice cream shops and various other shops, and it also leads to the beach.

This was our third visit to Lido and we lave loved every time. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a clean, comfortable, & friendly place to lay their heads at night.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2016

A fantastic warm welcome upon arrival. Our room on the ground floor was very clean and had everything we needed. However, we enquired about changing our room to an upper floor and this request was granted immediately at no extra charge. Our second room was more spacious with a large terrace facing south (Room 114). Room cleaned every day including change of bedding and towels. Breakfast was from 07:30 - 10:30, plenty of choice, fresh fruit, fresh bread, ham, cheese and eggs. The owners and staff were happy to accommodate our every request including providing an international adaptor and an early morning breakfast at 6am on our last day with a wake up call. This hotel is conveniently located, restaurants and bars on your doorstep and 10 minutes by waterbus to San Marco. Would definitely book this hotel again, staff very friendly and warm and the hotel immaculate. Best holiday we have had, beautiful location and great people

Room Tip: Room 114 on the first floor quiet and south facing
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2016

We stayed in the Hotel Belvedere on the Lido for four nights at the end of July 2016. It is one minute (or less!) away from the Vaporetto and Alilaguna ferry stop. So much easier than dragging cases further into the Lido to a different hotel, and so much nicer to get off the Vaporetto and be at the hotel immediately. The rooms are clean, with air conditioning, and we had a superb view over the lagoon. Admittedly the bathroom is slightly small, but I had expected this having researched previously. Breakfast is your typical continental type, but you can help yourself to as much buffet as your want, with a variety of cheese, meats and breads, croissants, yoghurts, fruit, and drinks. The staff are friendly and polite, with limited but manageable English (which is better than my Italian). It is within very easy reach of local amenities eg pharmacy, supermarket, and many restaurants/bars. I'm giving four stars (due to the small bathroom) but I do highly recommend the Belvedere.

Stayed: July 2016
1  Thank Peter F
Reviewed 1 June 2016

The hotel is slightly old fashioned in it's decor but the room was large, the bed very comfortable and very clean. The water was hot, the shower a bit small, but the bathroom was large and clean. The typical notice about conservation was displayed but even though we followed the instruction not to have our towels replaced daily they were.
Extra blankets were available, there was plenty of space (and hangers) to hang up our stuff and store bags. The room had a small TV and some kind of heating/air conditioning - both of which we didn't use.
The breakfast is nothing much really - it consists of good bread rolls, variable quality croissants, yogurt, fresh fruit salad, ham, cheese, hard boiled eggs - with the worst 'juice' and not so great coffee. But its included and it gets rid of the hunger pangs.
I have travelled to Venice often and my preference is to stay on the Lido as it is quieter, lets you get away from the tourist craziness in Venice and has a beach, so it feels like a real holiday (if you choose!). This does mean that to make the most of it you have to buy a vaporetto pass (1, 3, 7 day available) and can get the Alilaguna boat directly from/to the airport (Linea Blu - 27 EUR return). I love the proximity of this hotel to the vaporetto stop. Our room was situated at the back of the hotel so there was no noise issue.
The guy who runs the hotel was very friendly and helpful, and my email requesting twin beds rather than a double was replied to promptly and favourably.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family