1,013 results
All reviews thai spa beautiful hotel beautiful exterior trafalgar tour art deco old world charm minute walk the main street outdoor bar water bus top floor st marks square breakfast room lido island scrambled eggs vaporetto stop central venice
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Loved this hotel, it’s fascia, old world feel and great service is all fantastic. You can just imagine the glory of the 70’s during the film festival. My only disappointment was that we were put at the back of the hotel where the renovations are taking place, we had a dark room with scaffolding up at both windows. I checked with reception to see if we could move to the front, I even offered to pay extra for an upgrade but apparently nothing was available. Personally upset as it was a special holiday for us, however I do appreciate that the renovations are very important to this beautiful building. I would recommend either paying slightly extra for a superior room or suite to avoid this issue. I believe the renovations are not expected to finish for at least a year. It may be worth booking directly with the hotel and securing a front facing room as the views over Venice are superb. Very convenient location with loads of restaurants right outside, the one’s we tried had great food and really good value. Valperetto is only 300 yards from the hotel so great if you want to stay here and water bus into Venice. The Lido itself is beautiful, lots of locals, very uncommercialised.

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

From the moment we arrived we felt welcome. The staff at the Grande Albergo are warm and friendly and after a 24 transit from Australia this was so appreciated.
The hotel’s decor is visually stunning and so clean. Our room was spotless.
The buffet breakfast was delicious and catered for all tastes.
I had a 2 hour spa and sauna (which made up for the long flight and jet lag).
The location is very convenient and great to come back to after dealing with the crazy Venice tourist crowds.

This was a great start to our 4 week Italian holiday. We would definitely come back to stay at the Grand Albergo. My daughter said next time for 8 weeks. Ha ha, she really loved the buffet breakfast.
Thank you to all the lovely staff for making our stay such an enjoyable one. We wish you all the best.
Magosia, Tim and Tallulah

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

This trip was a returning visit to Venice and the island o Lido. It was also my second stayed at the Grande Albergo Ausonia & Hungaria Hotel.

My partner and I wanted to return to this hotel follow the wonderful stay we had three years ago. We were not disappointed. The staff was just as friendly and helpful this time as they were the last.

The hotel has the feel of an old movie set, and for us that was part of the appeal. We also wanted to be in Venice and not constantly bombarded with the trappings of tourism and Lido offered that convenience. All of the sites of Venice, Murano, and Burono are just a water bus ride away. For us this was the ideal holiday location.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

This was a glorious hotel to stay at for the four days my wife and I visited Venice. The hotel is situated on the Lido and is a few minutes’ walk to the ferry bus terminal, where you can travel to anywhere in Venice.
There are also many restaurants and all cuisines are catered for locally.
The staff at Grande Albergo Ausonia & Hungaria were exceptionally helpful and polite.
The accommodation was suburb. The décor is as close to or exactly as it was in 1907 when it was opened. But in a very tasteful and elegant way.
Breakfast was also out of this world. As much as you can eat! Scrambled and hard boiled eggs, frankfurters, bacon, cereals, toasts, bagels, croissants, cheese’s and hams. And fruit teas, fruit juices and as much coffee as you want also. I could go on.
The hotel was very clean and fresh.
It is a four-star hotel and they are hoping in due course to obtain five-star status. Even so it was also reasonable priced. I believe because of the hotel’s location on the Lido, is achievable because the Lido, being a small island in itself, is away from the main tourist area of Venice.
I wish the staff all the best in obtaining five-star status and highly recommend this hotel to any visitors that want to choose somewhere to stay whilst visiting Venice .

Room tip: The lower floors are for obvious reasons, allow you to get quickly to the restaurant and or enter and leave the hotel .
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed here on our recent trip to Venice/Lido De Venizia and were really happy with our choice.

The hotel staff were welcoming and friendly. The hotel itself is stunning on the exterior. The interior is having a bit of a makeover at present so some areas are cordoned off (the stairwell outside our room door being one of the closed off areas). We weren’t ever disturbed by any work ongoing so I’m not sure when this is carried out.

I’ve noticed some reviews mention the noise from other rooms. We heard this too, from the bedroom next door and from the bathroom (water being flushed etc) but it didn’t really disturb us or put us off. It’s an old building and I guess you have to expect these things.

Being vegetarian, we were worried that the breakfast buffet might be limited but there was plenty to choose from. Fresh scrambled eggs, pancakes, selections of cheese, salad, pastries, cereal, bread, fruit. On top of this there was sausage, bacon and cured meats available.

Would definitely recommend staying here and travelling to Venice by boat, which is pricy but worth it.