All reviews garden bar garden view water taxi minute walk breakfast and dinner tour group enjoyed my stay lido island large balcony quiet location glass factory old world charm visit venice main part nice bathroom pastries lovely hotel
Reviewed 13 October 2015

We recently returned from Venice where we stayed at villa mabapa in Lido, the Hotel was very tired but our room was pleasant with a lovely balcony overlooking the lagoon. The staff were not particularly friendly but we couldn't fault the breakfast which had plenty of choice. I would recommend Lido as it is less noisy away from the crowds of main Venice. It was easy enough to catch the regular water taxis across to main Venice. There were plenty of nice cafe bars and restaurants and the walk along the lagoon was wonderful there were plenty of benches where you could sit and enjoy the views and watch the many boats passing by.

Room Tip: We emailed the Hotel prior to our arrival for a view of the lagoon and were pleasantly surprised with the view and the size of the balcony
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2015

Villa Mabapa in Lido di Venezia, Italy is the perfect little getaway when visiting Venice. This little gem offers the ideal location away from the congestion and touristy spots of Venice. From the moment you arrive by water taxi or ferry to the welcoming gardens and as you enter the courtyard of Villa Mabapa you feel like you have arrived at your own little private retreat. The uniqueness of each room, some with a garden view and others with a view of Laguna Venetta, offers a glimpse into the rich and beautiful history of Venice. The simple elegance of the antique furniture and pictures which adorn the hallways reminds one of a forgotten era. There is a lovely balcony off the first floor that offers a magnificent view of the sunset across water.

The staff at Villa Mabapa are welcoming and invested in making your stay a rememberable and relaxing experience. The villa offers a wonderful complimentary breakfast for its guest. In the evening you have the option of staying at the villa or heading off on a ten to fifteen walk to some of the local restaurants. Additionally, Lido Beach which is a short walk from the villa offers a stunning view of the Mediterranean Ocean. I strongly encourage you to try the restaurant at Villa Mabapa or perhaps enjoy one of their decadent desserts in the garden with a cappuccino.

Stayed: September 2015
2  Thank Bernetta T
Reviewed 29 September 2015 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay at Villa Mabapa on Lido. I was hesitant to book on Lido, but it turned out to be a great decision. Venice is often very busy so it was nice to take a short boat ride home to this relaxing hotel. I throughly enjoyed sitting in the garden, with a glass of wine in hand, chatting with other english speakers. I also took advantage of a cozy chair on the balcony above the garden. The staff was very nice and super accommodating. I particularly enjoyed Robert at the front desk. He always stepped up to satisfy my needs. When I return to Venice, I will surely stay here.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 September 2015

Venice & Lido are beautiful an amazing place. It was a trek from hotel to water bus station around 15 mins which doesn't sound too bad but once spent all day walking round Venice you will feel the walk back. A private Water taxi is great speed boat style :) but expensive. Stayed at Hotel Villa Mabapa for 3 nights, spacious rooms, very clean and airy. We had a triple room which had 2 double doors leading out onto balcony, 2 bathrooms 1 had toilet and sink and the other bath/shower and sink. Breakfast there was plenty to choose from. Staff very helpful.
The outside bar was not manned all the time so had to wait for service, drinks pretty expensive so I would suggest supermarket and then relax on balcony.
Overall had a great time and the hotel was lovely and Lido was lovely, it has a gorgeous beach which is around 10 mins walk from Hotel.
I

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank kazd1967
Reviewed 27 September 2015

This is an excellent place to stay with a unique attachment to Venice. The Lido is a spit of land on the outside of the lagoon. If you are driving you use the car ferry from the mainland docks and it is a great 35 minute ride. So you are close to Venice but far from the maddening crowds.
The key to any hotel is the staff and at Mabapa they are excellent and very accommodating. We had dinner at the hotel the first evening and were very happy we did as this is an above average hotel dining room and breakfast was held in the front room and was as nice as you will find in Italy.
Tip: Try and book one of the water facing rooms if available, you won't be disappointed at sunset !!!
Tip 2: If you do take your car pre book your ferry passage if possible, if not you may have a little bit of a wait.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple