“Heaven on Earth”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Harrison
Red Horse Mountain Ranch
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 7 October 2011

If I could rate RHM Ranch greater than a 5 I would. They far exceeded any expectations I had. Any picture that is posted of this ranch does not come close to how truly beatuiful it is.The cabin provides large log beds covered with down comforters. I have not slept so peacefully since I dont know when. I listened to the Elk bugel during the night along with the sound of the horses and nature. My friends and I attended "Womens Week". We met so many wonderful women whom I admire and respect. The strength that is felt from all these wonderful women incourages you to step out of your box and try new things. It was truly a freeing and life changing event. I did not meet any staff member that was not truly caring and nice. They go above and beyond to make sure you are having fun. We even had them singing with us during Kareoke night. They truley were friends and not thought of as staff. I must say though that I "Did find me a Cowboy" and his name is "Hank". He is the most gorgeous black lab with the personality so laid back that you just want to take him home with you.He is perfect for kids as well as adults. It is evident that Cory excells at managing the ranch due to the wonderful staff, extremely clean enviornment no matter where you are on the ranch, the exceptional food and enormous amount of activities that are available. Bottom line....you have to go see it to believe it. Warning though...you probably wont want to come back home. I miss it already and I have only been home a few days. It truly is GODS Country.

Room Tip: I recommend staying in Syringa cabin as it overlooked the corrals. All the cabins having amazing vie...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Anne Z
There are newer reviews for Red Horse Mountain Ranch

Reviewed 3 October 2011

I came to the ranch for a one week trip with my two sisters (adults ages 27-37) this summer and we had the most amazing time! I didn't really know what to expect with this being my first "Dude Ranch" experience, but by the time I left I considered myself a cowgirl. I had never ridden a horse before coming here, but after one lesson with an amazing "wrangler" we were bumped up to the "advanced rider" status and allowed to participate in those rides which involved cantoring (probably the most fun I've had since my first roller coaster ride when I was 4 years old). We ended up spending the majority of our time riding, and happily so. We also participated in multiple other activities that were offered and always had a blast!

Additionally, the food here is amazing. There is enough variety to suit lots of different tastes, but not so much that you feel that you are missing out on anything (you can grab a couple different items or split with your family/friends to make sure you don't miss anything amazing!). One word: BACON. My sisters and I found a way to sneak it into pretty much every meal. The desserts were also off the charts and we joked about having "lunch dessert" every day because it is all too good to say no to.

Saving the best for last...the staff here is unlike any I've ever encountered. They are all incredibly friendly, interesting, accommodating people. We ended up spending quite a bit of time with them during downtime, cocktail hours, etc. and everyone knows exactly how to make sure the guests are having a wonderful time.

We had such a great experience that as soon as our last day arrived we were already trying to figure out how soon we could make a return trip. I miss the ranch! Take me back!

Room Tip: We stayed in upper level of Eagle's Nest and found it to be lovely with great views!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sarah G
Reviewed 28 September 2011

We just returned from what may very well have been the best vacation of our lives. My husband and I are in our mid 30's, no children, we both work for corporations in NYC, and we are very well traveled throughout the world.

We love to be active and outdoors and we love great food. We are typically NOT into the all-inclusive experience type (in fact we usually run in the opposite direction). Truth be told we were very skeptical of all the tripadvisor reviews of RHMR before we went (not a negative comment among them). We often use Tripadvisor and both asked how can it be so good across the board?

AND NOW WE GET IT. It was like the best summer camp ever for adults!

RHMR is as good as every prior reviewer has said it is and then some. From the moment we arrived to the wine tasting adults only week-not a single detail was overlooked. The entire staff is generous, kind, down to earth, and fun. Getting to know the many wranglers, servers, and guides was a big highlight. Everyone at RHMR that we encountered made every guest feel like they were a very dear friend who they were excited to see again. We have never experienced such genuine warmth before. Thank you to all!

The activities on the ranch were extremely varied. You will not be bored. If you want to be challenged you can, if you just want to chill, you can do that too. If you are brand new to horseback riding or an expert rider their is enough variety to keep you engaged at all times. If you don't want to ride at all, not to worry because there is a plethora of other activities to choose from. We tried just about every activity that was offered and it is impossible to rank which was the best, They were all unique and fun in their own way. You can ride, shoot, fish, yoga, hike, etc!

Shall we talk about the food? It was phenomenol (this coming from two New York City foodies). There is ample variety and the quality is top notch. All the baked goods and the breads were fresh and homemade each day. There was vegetarian options at all meals in addition to high quality meats, cheese, salads. And the bacon. It deserves its very own blog, it is simply that good. Yes, there is plenty of beer on tap (local and the usual suspects), lots of wine- you will want for nothing. You may however come back five pounds heavier than when you arrived.

I could tell you far more about the ranch but I will leave you some surprises for when you get there. It is simply an amazing place.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Milemark
Reviewed 6 September 2011

This ranch was a wonderful experience. I cannot describe it any better than the other reviews, beautiful scenery, comfy accomodations, fabulous food, friendly staff, happy well kept horses... but was impressed by how well organized the schedule and all activities were. There is something for everyone at this Ranch.

As someone that loves to travel and get out there to explore new things, this place was fantastic. Definitely a repeat destination!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank J C W
Reviewed 5 September 2011

My husband and I just got back....Can't say enough wonderful things....activities were great and varied, entertainment perfect and great fun, accommodations were clean, comfortable and just rustic enough and best of all was the staff and personal attention...Staff knew your name, special requests honored etc. It was a warm, friendly and welcoming atmosphere. You could tailor activities to your needs, very low key....Can't think of one negative comment to make. Although I just went with my husband I would think this would be a wonderful place for families with children as well....only wish I had brought my kids when they were younger!!

Jackie

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kenkadish
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harrison
23.3 km away
Lakeview Lodge
Lakeview Lodge
#2 of 6 in Harrison

Recently Reviewed Hotels around Harrison

Been to Red Horse Mountain Ranch? Share your experiences!