“Excellent restaurant ‘”
Review of Kalidonia

Kalidonia
Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

Wow wow wow. Great restaurant! We’ve been here 20 years ago and the food is the same. The meet meze is great! Plus the service is wonderful

Reviewed 4 May 2018

The mezze in Kalidonia Rotis is delicious. The moussaka alone is worth the trip to Cyprus. The mezze does not juist consist of the "usual suspects" but there are some creatives

Reviewed 20 April 2018

I have been meaning to write something about this restaurant for a year now.The first time I visited the place was after finishing the Caledonia trail,last November,which stressed body and soul.I was very impressed then,but I did not put my thoughts on paper,as I was immersed in the beauty of the forest,the sounds of silence round me, and the satisfaction of all my sensory senses ! I visited again in April this year after another trailing experience.Nothing has changed.The staff are very pleasant and you do not have to search for smiles.The place is clean,and the menu comprehensive and written in the delightful Greek Cypriot dialect,in words that took me back to my childhood years.(One word of warning though,people that are not familiar with the Cypriot dialect may not understand some of the terminology, but that is their loss.Please do not ever change your menu.It makes you, who you are,something special ! What can I say about the food ,other than your taste buds are in a state of trance! I would recommend this place , and do not leave, without trying their Mylocrema,which words can not describe.

1  Thank andrikkos134
Reviewed 16 April 2018

The service is first class, the family who own the restaurant are most welcoming to both customers and their pets. The food is excellent and plentiful. The service is excellent too. We have been several times. When Millie our dog was alive she was made welcome and water was provided for her first before taking our order.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Pano Platres looks a little touristic and comercial . but in March , like many other places we have visited while touring Troodos region , this village looked almost empty: Many shops and restaurants/tavernas were closed . Good for us we don't like the crowds of high season .
As for Kalidonia restaurant - it was only half empty , and we were in need for a beer break . So as soon as we entered the closed in terrace , the friendly smiling waiter Matius, welcomed us with the taverna's menu in his hands and showed us to our table.
On the table : 1 large bottle of cold KEO beer ; 1 Mousaka ; icYprus salad . Both very tasty .
On the bill : 20.00 EUROs
Service happy and prompt , left us happy . Thank you Matius .