“Best place i ate in cyprus”
Review of The Village Tavern

The Village Tavern
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Description: “The Village Restaurant” in Platres belongs to Agi Jacovides, the owner of Semiramis Hotel. I was amazed with the delicious cuisine of Agi and he was telling me that he is cooking everything by himself only. Nobody else helps in the kitchen. He is very passionate with his cooking which he learned from his mother he said. One can find mostly traditional Cypriot cuisine here and from what I found out from the little chat I had with other people, everyone likes it here. Prices are affordable and portions quite big. From what I have seen the Restaurant is very popular both with Cypriots who come to Platres by coaches and the restaurant is full each day, but also it is popular with tourists who come to Platres and enjoy his Cypriot cuisine. Mousaka costs 10 euro, Kalamari (squid) 8.50, Steak port chop 7.50, Koupepia –stuffed vine leaves 9 euro. A beer will cost you 2.50 euro and a carafe of wine 75ml costs 7.50 euro. I found the prices reasonable, and because everything used here is freshly cut I can strongly recommend it. Agi will do his best to have his customers happy. The view from the restaurant is panoramic, but the inside decor is also great.
Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

The food is amazing but i have to rate it 4/5 only because of the pork chops wasnt that great, the chivtalas is AMAZING.
A great meal i had here and the owner is so kind amazing place no more words

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

Located at platres troodes mountain. Traditional Cypriot tavern. The chicken and the Souvlaki was ok nothing special. The waiter was so polite and nice.

Reviewed 26 December 2017 via mobile

We visited this restaurant in our way to the Troōdos mountains last september. It is a nice and cosy restaurant with good food and very friendly people!

Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

We wanted some grub after walking the artemis trail, but troodos didn’t look particularly inspiring a selection of restaurants so we headed to Platres, which initially looked deserted, but then we found this place which served some excellent food. I had the vine leaves.

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

We had a great time at this awesome tavern. A couple of minute walk in the opposite direction to the other restaurants... follow the locals :) ... food was VERY good. Local wine was very nice and the staff and manager were very friendly and fun to talk to. Highly recommended.