“Unique and peaceful rain forest retreat in one of...”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Beemack19...
Sydney, Australia
“Unique and peaceful rain forest retreat in one of NSW's most beautiful settings.”
Reviewed 30 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017
people found this review helpful

I stayed at the property on the 21st April, with friends from Melbourne. This was the fifth time that I have stayed at the property and I have always found it to be a wonderful retreat from the city. As have my full family, who have celebrated many birthdays there.
Having read the reviews of previous stayers I can agree with their assessments. The property is very well fitted out, is comfortable in all seasons, and accommodating for even a large number of guests, It sits in a picturesque setting surrounded by rain forest and enjoying views of the Valley. Following on the heels of a previous April 2017 reviewer I was very surprised at that negative reaction, which is completely the opposite of others who have stayed, from my experience. I cannot recommend this property highly enough. Book in early, and you will keep going back.

valeries4...
Sydney, Australia
“Brilliant, Peaceful, well equipped”
Reviewed 18 April 2017 for a stay in May 2016
people found this review helpful

This property is amazing, Beautiful area very large gorgeous well equipped house has everything you need. The hens are great and very friendly the grandchildren loved it. The owner is very accommodating welcoming us on arrival and letting us know how everything worked letting us know to let the chickens out and they would find their way back to the pen at 4.30pm and help ourselves to the eggs. Amazingly the hens went back right on time as if they had a clock! We swam in the pool. Enjoyed the games room. We had our game of cricket in the grounds. Went for walks loved the wildlife. The house is very clean and we had a great time. Beautiful log fires massive dining table which was great for my 60th Birthday celebrations. Our ages went from 1yr-67 yrs old and everything in between we all loved it and would highly recommend this property.

maryannem...
Sydney, Australia
“Beautiful property which accommodated comfortably all our guests.”
Reviewed 17 April 2017 for a stay in May 2016
people found this review helpful

visited Ellywan with my whole extended family and the set up was perfect. The setting was amazing and we especially loved the walks seeing wombats and other wild life. the kids loved the chickens. The property was clean and well equipped with a gorgeous large kitchen dining area. We really enjoyed cooking marshmallows in the outdoor fire pit.

Your age range 35-49
rinoxx67
“Dusty and overated”
Reviewed 12 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017
person found this review helpful

I stayed here for the weekend lately, when i browsed and found this home i liked it cause of the space and enviroment, but when i arrived the photo's weren't as they advertised very old photo's and the place was 4/10 for the price so you are really paying for the land tax thats all. I would not stay here again dishes were dirty cutlery were dirty and glasses needed to be washed befor use. It is peaceful but if you don't care much about eating on clean plates its the place for you.
I washed and cleaned this place better than i recieved it cause of my massive bond deposit, afraid of them not refunding it back in case they tell me that the house was dirty. Please sus out photo's carefully and ask questions but the end of the day they always say its a (beautiful place), its a business. i rate this home a 4 out of ten. so its a 3 on there chart.

Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
13 Apr 2017
Dear Rino,

Thank you for the two reviews your group has now written. I must admit that we are somewhat perplexed by your negative comments which are in stark contrast to the experience of pretty much every one of the thousands of guest that have stayed at Ellywan over the years. A quick flick through reviews written by previous guests on this and other sites demonstrates just how much people enjoy there time staying here. We have many valued return guests that love coming back to Ellywan again and again so its a real shame that you feel that your experience wasn't consistent with theirs.

Just to clarify a few points you have raised:

- The photos used to advertise the property were taken late last year.

- The property is professionally cleaned in between each booking. I'm sorry to hear that you felt that this wasn't up to standard. Our trusted cleaners have been servicing this property for years and you are the first to raise any issues with their cleaning. Sometimes the occasional piece of cutlery or crockery may not be cleaned properly by a previous guest before being put away so apologies if this wasn't picked up.

We are sorry to hear that you won't be coming back to Ellywan. This does however give us more time to share this beautiful property with the many guests that love it as much as we do.
DiBecker
Sydney, Australia
“Nice House and surroundings”
Reviewed 28 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016

We had 2 nights here with a group of 11. There are 2 separate cottages which others grabbed first as we were last there. The house is very large and has every little thing you can think of. It was blowing like a hurricane on Saturday so we couldn't really enjoy the grounds. After we got back from lunch there was a note saying there were power lines down and thus no power till later in the night. Would have been ok except the toilets don't flush without electricity and no water actually runs at all. We ended up filling buckets from the pool to flush the toilets which considering the price for the house I didn't think was great. Lucky we had already booked dinner in the Valley because we cooked there the night before. The bedroom we had (I think most of them) had glass in the roof so I would recommend eye shades if you want to sleep - even the moon is bright shining in. Also ear plugs, we were next to the bathroom and the walls are pretty thin. Once we got outside we found a lovely running creek, a large chicken coup with feathered friends. citrus trees along the driveway - blood grapefruits were sooo good, lemons oranges etc. Heaps of wombats at dusk, a wallaby and 3 foxes.

How helpful were the directions to the property? Overall condition of the property
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Very spacious and open
Liked least: price
Travelling group: Large Group
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing