“Disappointed ”

Willowcreek Grill
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 21 March 2015 via mobile

We are here for late lunch because we wanted sushi and to be quite honest, Ahi Sushi was closed from 230-430 to transition to dinner. I was told that the chef at Willowcreek was the "best in Boise" but was sorely disappointed. I told the waiter that I wanted a roll made with salmon, no cream cheese and gave the chef permission to get creative. What I got was a junior version of the Sunshine Roll that Ahi serves, but not as tasty or presentable. There was also a strong presence of red bell pepper, both in the tempura and roll I had. Miso soup was not flavorful. I will say that the best part of our lunch was the more than excellent wait service by Todd. This guy was attentive and personable and very much worth more than the tip we left. We sat outside on a beautiful day-patio is best part of this place, they should do more with it. I was not a fan of the inside decor, booths were nice but tables didn't seem to match. Restrooms pretty clean. Unfortunately, this is not a place that I will return.

1  Thank Fabvagtrp

Reviewed 5 January 2015 via mobile

The food was excellent! We had the Thai chicken wrap and we're still talking about it days later. The burgers and nachos were yummy to our boys and parents! Nice and quiet. There was a small wait for our food , but definitely worth it!

3  Thank Matthew S
Reviewed 8 December 2014

This is not a restaurant that I would ever go back to. It was below average in every way. The food was not very fresh...kind of like bad diner food. The restaurant itself seemed quite used. It really needed a good deep clean. Odd smell. Located in a little office park type of place. Not impressed.

1  Thank KMM043
Reviewed 23 November 2014 via mobile

I (along with many different friends and family) have tried this restaurant since it had newly taken the place of Six One Six, quite a few years ago. At the time it was Willowcreek the food was mediocre but never great. Now that it has changed hands and name, I've gone on three separate occasions. I've got to say it has become worse than ever. Last week two had hot entrees and two had sushi. The entrees were luke warm and only so so and the sushi was tasteless. The eel roll didn't taste like eel at all and the tuna roll was an off color(didn't taste off tho, but again tasteless) After over $100 later, we just didn't feel it was worth the price. We're done trying.

1  Thank ID_Sun_Chaser
Reviewed 7 November 2014

We went to Winding Creek Grill for lunch, then for breakfast a few days later.....now serving breakfast Sunday mornings!! The new owners are very nice/hospitable, restaurant was clean, great menu, generous portions & everything was hot & freshly made! Some negative reviews were written when it was Willowcreek Grill, I would recommend trying again under new owners!!!

1  Thank LGS55