“Very Nice Hot Springs”

Gold Fork Hot Springs
Reviewed 11 October 2016

As most people know hot springs can range from rustic to little more than glorified swimming pools. Gold Fork is a very well done establishment. The soaking pools are tiered starting at about 108°F down to around 87°F at the coldest. $8 for adults. Open at noon, not one second early from what I can tell. Hint: Go on a weekday and it will be way less busy than weekend. Go during the day and in the warmer months to enjoy umbrellas and tables for your packed lunch and drinks. I’ve never been a fan of swimming when it is super cold out because it is so uncomfortable to get out of the water.

All reviews
"pools are great"
"beautiful scenery"
"hour stay"

Reviewed 8 October 2016

My wife and I were taken here by a friend who had been any times before. It was a weekday at the end of September so it wasn't crowded. The curator, Glen(n), was a font of information and kept an eye on what was going on without being obtrusive. Everything was clean and well maintained. We took a lunch with us and had a great time. I hope to visit again.

Reviewed 19 September 2016

I love natural hot springs. There are few things as relaxing as lazing about in hot water – rain or shine.
I recently took a day trip to Gold Fork with some of my family members. As we soaked in the hot water there was a combination of rain, sun, wind, and even snow! That’s normal in Idaho.

Aside from relaxing, the warm water was therapeutic. My quick short run the day before included some sprint/speed work. That kind of workout usually results in sore quadriceps (among other large muscles) the following day. I am happy to report that my legs felt great after my soak! Although my cool down and stretching post run was lacking, my soak in natural hot water made up for it. Oh, that I had a little hot spring of my own in my backyard!

Gold Fork Hot Springs is accessible by car year-round, but I would recommend 4-wheel drive during winter months, just in case a snow storm happens. Bring cash as there is no electricity or cell service. The office and changing areas are in a yurt. Pack a lunch and spend a few hours in this gorgeous mountain setting. The graduated flow through pools offer a variety of water temperatures and depths so the whole family can soak and play safely.

Reviewed 19 September 2016 via mobile

Went on New Years and it was packed. After waiting in line for the changing room we made our way through the crowd into the springs. The springs were relaxing when people weren't bumping into you. If you go try to miss the peak days. If you do go on busy days have your suit on and be ready to go.

See more reviews
Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

Fun place to get away for a soak. You can bring food and drinks but can only bring water into the pool. Several pools with various levels of heat. Some sand floor, some concrete. Cleaner than many hot tubs I've been to but don't expect level of public swimming pool. Some shade and umbrellas to beat the heat. I recommend coming in your suit as the changing rooms are small and not very private. We've gone for years and always enjoy it.