“Nice meal in Cottonwood”

Country Haus Restaurant and Motel
Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Cottonwood
Cuisines: Diner
Description: Nice place in cottonwood, Great Food Nice Motel, Affordable rates
Description: Nice place in cottonwood, Great Food Nice Motel, Affordable rates
Reviewed 23 March 2018

We had a nice meal with great service. The Chicken Mandarin Orange Salad with honey mustard dressing was very good. As was the grilled cheese!

Reviewed 15 February 2018

My tough rubbery chicken (how can it be rubbery and yet not quite cooked??) problem wasn't rectified .... I was charged for my second entree when I just couldn't eat that chicken eraser. Apparently it is cooked first and then reheated and sauced? Not the "grilled chicken" the menu describes. My chicken sauce was canned. Very disappointed. At least our waiter was cheerful, though my meal issues weren't fixed. Signs everywhere "$2 to split plates...." I guess that is a sign that customers' needs aren't #1. My husband's mashed potatoes seemed instant and the gravy was clearly from a mix. His steak was pretty good. Salad bar was average to poor. This isn't worth your $$$, or your hope for a yummy dinner. Make a bagel in the car instead of trying this... :(
Place was clean enough and cute, but the food didn't match the atmosphere. No music....we could hear the staff talking in the kitchen (and not dealing with our food issue).

Reviewed 29 August 2017

2 for breakfast and we should have shared. Plates were large, service was very nice professional and friendly. The crab omelette was "ok" but everything else was awesome. The facility is clean and comfortable

1  Thank Ron P
Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

The chicken and rice soup, very good!
The steak and shrimp... steak not much seasoning and tough. The shrimp was tasty, but a lot of batter. Simple small salad bar, no vinagrette option. Beer selection is poor.

Reviewed 24 July 2017

Ate here one night while we stayed at the Dog Bark Park in Cottonwood, which is only a short walk away.

Food was prepared well, and service was excellent. Salad bar was small but had a good variety of items to choose from.