“Solid, Basic Fare”

Cracker Barrel Old Country Store
Ranked #38 of 277 Restaurants in Coeur d'Alene
Reviewed 8 October 2018

Service is always very good at all the Cracker Barrels I have gone to and they are are also very clean. My wife loves eating at the Cracker Barrel but to me it is like a kitschy IHop when it comes to the food. Lots of menu choices and breakfast at anytime.

Reviewed 7 October 2018

Stopped here to try CB this year and was slightly worried about some of the recent reviews. Arrived quite late but welcomed into the restaurant area. Choices made and the service was quick. Staff were very good and attentive without being in your face. We find CB a relief after being in a city where good food is served in large portions and you find yourself too stuffed. As a driver it is nice not to have an alcohol choice too. The main dishes where you have to chose vegetables is something we tell friends to look out for.

Reviewed 29 September 2018

We don't have Cracker Barrel or anything close to it in Canada. I always eat here when I am in the states in fact sometimes my vacations are planned based on where there is a cracker barrel. Anyway the food here is cooked southern style which means large portions for a small price. The service is amazing you are seated pretty fast upon arrival and greeted with that warm southern hospitality.

Reviewed 28 September 2018

Service was, as it always is, spot on and quick. But the food wasn't the same good ol' comfort food I've had before. I love the chicken fried chicken and the chicken itself was delicious but the sides are so small. I got mashed potatoes and gravy and they were selfish with both. I like having enough potatoes to have some with each bite of chicken but there truly was only a few bites worth. Very disappointing. I also got the kale and brussel sprout salad and it was so sweet. I think it was supposed to be like cole slaw but the dressing was just too sweet. It had dried cranberries in it and they were sweet enough, they didn't need a sweet dressing too. I also got seasonal fruit which came in a teeny tiny bowl. Maybe one strawberry cut up into sever pieces to make it look like a lot, and pineapple. The pineapple was fresh and good but only a couple pieces. We had a biscuit and corn muffin with dinner and both were delicious but no honey for the corn muffin. I had to ask.
Overall, a good dinner but the sides were just too small. Next time I'll ask for two orders of potatoes and tell them to not be stingy with the gravy!!!
My sister got the same meal only with steamed broccoli and there they gave her a good portion of it. I should've gotten that.

Reviewed 13 September 2018

My husband likes the country fried steak and I like the vegetable plate. The vegetable plate is great for gluten free eaters. Coffee is good and service good. It's fun to browse in the country store before you're seated or after you've ordered and are waiting for food. Since it's a chain we know what to expect.