All reviews kootenai river springs restaurant non smoking keurig coffee maker new wing slot machines small balcony great place to stay free breakfast beautiful room main building third floor front desk staff rooms are large bed was very comfortable pool and hot tub parking lot
Reviewed 8 July 2016

This was our first visit to The Best Western. From outside it doesn't look too bad. Casino is there - they got a little restaurant - the rooms are okay. But boy service really makes a difference.
First off, the housekeeping group were very proficient. Clean rooms, friendly people, courteous. That side of the operation is good. The housekeeping unit needs to train the restaurant staff.
The hostesses out front would crack their face if they smiled. The young girl who thinks she's God's gift to the restaurant world on Sunday's brunch is terrible. Snootie - never Smiles - ignores and Barks at workers. Friday night they sat us outside so we could watch the river and have a drink. I will say we requested the seating. Anyway after a normal amount of time, no one came back to ask us if we would like a drink. I asked my wife to start the timer. 15 minutes later still not one server to our table, even though several servers came and talked and delivered to people at other tables. We sat there with our hands folded, no water, no menus, no nothing. Finally got up, walked out. Not one look or comment from any staff. On our final day, which was Sunday, our waitress was a very nice person. But she was really the only one that smiled and seemed to enjoy what she was doing. The Casino. The slot machines at the casino are extremely tight. I figure I'm going to lose money when I go, but it would be nice to have some winnings to balance it off in between feeding more bills into that mouth.. so you don't feel so bad with the money that you lost. No we LOST money. And it appeared that most everyone else around us did too. Tight was a word I heard alot.
The room was nice and comfortable, But don't expect much more. And it's too bad, Many Canadian friends come to this spot because it's close to the border. There really is better.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
KootenaiRiverInn, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kootenai River Inn Casino & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2016

Thank you for sharing with me your comments regarding your recent stay with us.

I am sorry to hear you had a bad experience with us. Your comments are very important to me and I can assure you we will look into the service issue described in your survey. Again, my sincere apologies for the lack of attention to our Guests.

Thanks again for taking the time to write us regarding your experience.

Reviewed 7 July 2016 via mobile

Rooms were nice but beware of casino. We were gaming in casino where you pay for your drinks while using machines had only one barmaid making, serving and delivering drinks by herself! When I ask another employee is there another way to get a drink and was told that was the only bar in casino and if we wanted to pay more I could go to the outside bar and pay more. Icing on the cake was part of the machines were reserved for Canadian crowd with Canadian money only with half of them empty! Not my idea of a fun casino!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write regarding your recent stay with us. I appreciate hearing from our Guests.

Thanks again for taking the time to write.

Reviewed 28 June 2016

After wandering through Montana and into Idaho we were looking for a nice place to stay. One member of our 3-man motorcycling party had suggested something overlooking water, having just crossed the Plains where bodies of water were a rarity. We spotted this hotel as we were leaving the mountains, and noted that it backed onto a river. The room was comfortable, spacious and very well-appointed. Nicest shower we have ever found in a hotel, great decor and amenities. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Best of all, our room had a balcony with a sitting area looking out over the river and the mountains beyond. As the sun began to set we could watch bald eagles and other birds getting their evening meals. Conveniently, there is a tunnel under the highway leading to the downtown where there were several choices for a late supper. For those who choose such things, there is a casino onsite at this hotel. As Ontarians it still catches a bit by surprise when people are smoking in public areas such as these, but I believe there is a non-smoking casino area as well. The cost of our one night bent but didn't break the budget, and it was reasonable value for three guys sharing a room (2 beds plus a roll-away cot), especially given the upkeep that was evident. Also a nice pool and fitness area, neither of which we used.

Room Tip: The "lodge" has larger/pricier rooms, but we had plenty of room in the main hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends

I am happy to hear you had a good visit and your room was comfortable and spacious. We are proud of our facility and I will make sure our entire team reads your comments.

Thanks again for staying with us.

Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

We're not gamblers, so weren't too sure about staying here, but the experience proved to be really positive. The room was spacious and very comfortable. The staff were super friendly and attentive. And the Sunday brunch was amazing!!!! Overall excellent value. We highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your comments regarding your recent stay. I appreciate hearing from our Guests.

I am pleased to hear you had a good experience with us and I will make sure our entire team reads these comments.

We hope to see you here again soon.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 27 June 2016 via mobile

I'll try not to repeat what has been said in other reviews. Yes, green beans were still being served with dinner. However, the ones with our meal on Friday were very tasty, not so much on Saturday. Obviously different chefs. The Sunday Brunch was very good for the price (with the hotel meal ticket discount).
Overall we had a good time here but left with a couple of questions:
1. Why are the fire doors in the stairwells propped open all the time? Doesn't this defeat their purpose of preventing the spread of fire?
2. Why do four restaurant "manager types" stand in front of a line of waiting customers discussing the latest revenue report and not even acknowledge that we are waiting to be seated? (Plenty of seats available...)
This place, fellow traveler, has lost focus on the customer. Have a great visit in the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write and share your comments regarding your recent stay. I appreciate hearing from our Guests.

Your comments are very important to us and I can assure you we will address your comments and eliminate those concerns.

Thanks again for taking the time to write.