USD 141
USD 119
Kootenai Valley Motel(Bonners Ferry)
USD 83
Hotels.com
USD 251
USD 183
Orbitz.com
Dodge Peak Lodge(Bonners Ferry)(Great Value!)
USD 96
USD 91
USD 119
Schweitzer Mountain Resort Lodging(Sandpoint)(Great Value!)
USD 10,924
USD 1,106
Priceline
Bavarian Orchard Motel(Creston)(Great Value!)
USD 94
  • Breakfast included
USD 154
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 October 2016

We stayed at the Carriage House on our way back to the US from Alaska and Canada. I had read the reviews, but it was late and the place was so convenient that we decided to stay anyway. We were very pleased. I talked to the manager who did acknowledge the place had been "a rat hole"--his words not mine. He said the new owners made many positive changes. The manager directed us to a nearby Laundromat, an inexpensive grocery store, and a great pizza place. (The free candy bars and bananas were a nice extra as well.)

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank carolinagal71
Reviewed 28 September 2016

Not a lot of places here to choose from and our first pick had no vacancy but we were directed to the Carriage House. Our room was stuffy, sweaty, air conditioner not working and the room was not clean. Shabby in fact. Very disappointing since it looks nice from the outside. None of us showered here because the shower was in terrible condition. Pass this place by!!

Room Tip: Ask to see your room first and check shower area!
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2016

Based on other reviews, I was unsure what to expect. I had driven by this location too many times to count, but never had a reason to stay in Bonners Ferry until now. It has nice “Cedar Home” appeal from the street, so I wanted to try them out. I did not want to stay in the Casino down the street, too noisy.

I stayed in 2 different rooms, #6 and #9. The rooms are clean, and basic. If you are not expecting the Ritz, they you will not be disappointed like many of the poor reviews so far. This is your basic room. This is not a chain, so do not expect it. I live in the great northwest, and camp, so this is similar to what I would expect at a camping cabin. I had no idea all these years that they had RV and Camping access in the nice grounds behind the Hotel as well.

For the Business Traveler – There are no irons in the rooms. There are no hair dryers. There is not an in-room coffee maker, but you can get a basic cup of coffee or make tea in the Lobby. Some rooms have microwaves, refrigerators, and there are kitchenette’s available. Ask questions based on your needs when you make a reservation, don’t assume what you want is in your room. If you ask, you will get a room that meets your needs. I needed a table for a laptop and made sure that was part of my request, and I got a room that met those needs. I did forget to ask about a microwave when I booked the kitchenette, again, do not assume it is there, and it was not. That was my fault however. WIFI worked fine as well.

Bathrooms are very small, the width of the door. Toilet on one side, then close the door to be able to step into the shower behind it. This is not going to be the shower you share with you significant other, and no bath-tub, but it was sufficient. Bathroom sink and counter are outside in the living area.

Yes, the rooms are dated. This is a Mom and Pop type Hotel, located in a town with the population of 2215 residents. I needed a place to stay the night, and it met my needs. It is also very affordable. If you want all the other features and an updated room, then try the Best Western at the Casino and you will pay double what you do here. Beds were also basic. Not too hard, not a plush pillow-top mattress, but clean and fine for a night’s sleep.

Continental Breakfast is what I expected from a Mom and Pop Hotel. They had bananas, fruit bars, instant oatmeal, donuts, coffee and tea. At this price, I was not expecting a hot meal, just something to curb my hunger until I decided where to go for Breakfast.

Hotel is right on the Highway, but it is a 35mph zone through the city so you do not really hear traffic too bad. If this is an issue for you, being a light sleeper, then ask for a room in the back. Again, ask questions based on your needs and you will not be disappointed.

In the end, I will say that this Hotel is quaint, reminds me of many rooms I stayed in years ago, like a step back in time. It is basic, but will suit your needs, and is better than sleeping in your car!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Brad H
Reviewed 25 June 2016

I'm very surprised to see the poor reviews here. Perhaps there are new owners? We are in #6. It has a full small kitchen, very clean. The floor is all tile. Clean. The bed is firm, if a little sneaky. The pillows are a bit flat for me. Towels are fluffy. Flat screen TV. Reasonably large room. The shower and toilet are in a small room, tight quarters.
They have a basket of rags in the room to wipe off our bicycle.
Donna in the office was very friendly at check in.
Coffee and instant oatmeal for breakfast.
Location is right across from Safeway and very close to two restaurants.
The wifi is good.
It's great for the price.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank 511kellyi
Reviewed 11 June 2015

I will not return to this property. We had unit #11 which was completely run down. The bathroom smelled awful and the shower curtain was so slimy we were afraid to use it!! The carpet was filthy as was the bed covers. The 2 burner cooktop was very dirty as well - we did not use the kitchenette. Unfortunately there was a function on in the town and we were unable to find any other accommodation.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple