New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Fairfield Inn Boise

Fairfield Inn Boise
Ranked #26 of 55 Hotels in Boise
SoCal
“Great Hotel, Great Price!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2007

Excellent hotel, very clean rooms and comfortable beds; friendly staff, even at 2:30 a.m., my arrival time! Pet friendly too! The bed frames are sealed off so the kitty cats couldn't hide under them, making it much easier to load them up in the morning! Only stayed one night this time since I was on a "moving trip"; I would definitely stay here again.

• Liked — Friendly staff, clean room, comfortable bed.
  • Disliked — Nothing.
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled with friends
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
1 Thank GraceSoCal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
MI
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2007

This is a very nice, standard hotel, and we felt it was a good value for the money we spent for a one-night stay. Our room was very clean and had comfortable queen beds -- so far, so good. The room air conditioners, however, are computerized, and unable to be regulated very much, no matter what you try to do, or what temperature you specify. The temperature outside was uncomfortably hot the night we were there, and as soon as we turned in, the a/c malfunctioned and shut off. We were unable to re-start or re-set it, and because there is no 'fan-only' option, we had nothing but warm, still air in our room. My husband found that by opening the window and letting in the heat, the a/c would start up again (?!), so that is how we slept - with the window open, and the a/c going on & off with no rhyme or reason. If it hadn't been so late (and we hadn't been so tired), we would've requested a new room, but we made do. I haven't seen this kind of a/c before, and hope not to again!

Stayed August 2007
1 Thank prosperous&abundant
Las Vegas,NV
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2006

If you are looking for just a bed to sleep in, this is a pretty good deal. But the walls are thin and so, at least on the first floor, it was difficult to sleep because of noises outside and the running of the bath at 2 in the morning at the room next door. But, the rooms are large and although the beds are slightly uncomfortable, the beds are huge.It's conveniently located right across from the airport and you can take a cab and the hotel will reimburse the cab driver. Not near restaurants so if you don't have a car, you'll have to order out. Also wasn't too happy about blaring music in pool room or housekeepers that persistantly knocked on my door throughout the morning. Older hotel, but nice

Stayed August 2006
1 Thank worldtraveler65
Huntington Beach, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2005

November 16, 2005 – I spent one night at the Fairfield Inn in Boise, Idaho. I chose the hotel because it is a Marriott property and wanted to be close to both the airport and Interstate I84.

Check-in was quick and easy. I received the non-smoking executive king room that I had reserved. The rate for my stay was $104 per night (weeknight).

I was somewhat worried about the condition of the hotel from the elevator. It was well worn and appeared to be in need of new carpet. Exiting on the 3rd floor, the hallway and my room were both clean and in excellent condition.

I believe the difference between a “regular” room and an “executive king” is extra space and the inclusion of a microwave and refrigerator. My room, $314 had a nice comfortable king bed with five pillows; an assortment of feather and foam. There was also a queen-size sofa bed, a work desk with a proper office-type chair, and TV with about 60 cable channels.

The hotel offers complimentary wireless internet access by Golden Tree. It connected and worked well. The desk was large enough for my laptop and room to lay out papers to work. The desk lighting was excellent with two lamps.

The bathroom was spotless and had a combination tub and shower. There was a hair dryer and coffee maker in the bathroom also.

The hotel has an indoor pool and whirlpool spa, but I did not see an exercise room.

I had to leave very early so I did not get to try the complimentary continental breakfast, but the breakfast room looked inviting. There was also a small, one-computer business center in the lobby.

One of the reasons I chose this Marriott property was the location. It is right across the interstate highway from Boise Airport. There were a number of restaurants within a five minute drive of the hotel, but none within walking distance.

A copy of my hotel bill was pushed under the door sometime during the night. It was correct so check out consisted of leaving.

If I were a movie critic, I would give the Fairfield Inn Boise a “thumbs up.”

• Stayed November 2005, travelled on business
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
8 Thank LakersFan
Wellesley, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2004

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn November 2004 over Thanksgiving. For just $69/night we had a nice sized room with a king bed and a couch. The place was immaculate and the location was just a short ride from all key Boise destinations. Breakfast can be purchased in the morning and was quite good. The special is a make your own waffle which was delicious. The staff at the hotel is exceptionally friendly and helpful. This was an incredible buy for the money.

4 Thank sisu3