Open today: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Review Highlights
Fun place

Nice zoo you will see some different things not seen in other zoo's. Giant anteater, striped... read more

Reviewed 16 September 2018
chadconn1
West Haven, Utah
via mobile
Nice little zoo!

The Boise zoo is a nice, well kept zoo. Although small it has several kid friendly interactive... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

from USD 149.00
More Info
from USD 20.00
More Info
All reviews butterfly exhibit sloth bear snow leopard red panda perfect size exotic animals small city few hours a great place to spend julia davis park couple hours rose garden gift shop art museum giraffes tiger exhibits
Reviewed 3 April 2018

The zoo is small but really nice. I gave it a 4 just because of the size but highly recommend visiting! It's perfect for preschool and school age kids and is very community oriented. I'm so glad we have it in our community!

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

What a "DOWNER"...we were expecting to see something amazing, Boise being the biggest city between salt lake and Portland... and honestly its worth waiting to make the drive... the overpriced water and ignorant teen staff will have you AND the kids frustrated.

Not worth the money. Im not sure what price would be worth your time there.....

Date of experience: August 2016
1  Thank Tiny1096
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

We took the kids for spring break and it didn't disappoint. Sadly the Tiger recently passed but we got to feed the giraffes and the Sloth Bear is a must see. They have a little bit of everything and the kids loved it.

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

We rated this as very good, as even though several animals were not out due to it still being too cold...our children absolutely loved their time there. Our kids loved getting to feed the giraffes for $3 (and with 3 kids who participated it was still worth the $9 we spent). The entrance fees themselves are much less than any other zoo we've been to. Conservation is a key component of the zoo so funds from things like the caraousel, animal encounters, etc go to conservation. It's certainly not a fancy zoo, though I imagine in summer at the full running capacity the foliage etc is more abundant. We had a thoroughly enjoyable day. Worth bringing cash to participate in the extras.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

My mom and I visited the zoo this past weekend on unfortunately a very busy day. It was the day of the Easter Egg hunt. However, even with all the people the staff was friendly and smiling genuinely. Even when my mom went back to the gift shop to inform them of a pricing error on her receipt for some gifts she bought. The staff where friendly, honest, and the issue was resolved quickly.

With that said the two stars are for the zoo itself. It’s very small. You can run through it in less then a hour easily. That however did not effect the scoring. The poor score comes from two factors 1) Most of the exhibits were empty, and 2) The ones that were open. Most only had one animal in them. It was sad seeing these lonely animals pacing around or laying about in obvious boredom.

I never thought I’d give a zoo a poor score. However, I did not like the Boise zoo. I want to recommend that you don’t go, but you going funds the care of the animals. So... I guess go and make your own conclusions.