“Skip the lunch buffet & order off the menu” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #190 of 781 Restaurants in Boise
Price range: USD 14 - USD 30
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Lunch, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Delivery, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Between Capital and 8th Street
USA
“Skip the lunch buffet & order off the menu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2012

I love the atmosphere and service at this downtown Boise restaurant. The decor creates a feeling of serenity and sheer draping from ceiling to top of booth provides some privacy. This was my second visit to Mai Thai and both times the service was exceptional. The lunch buffet is inexpensive (around $10) but the selection during this visit was mostly noodles, plain rice, battered & fried veggies. My sons ordered the buffet and were a bit disappointed in the lack of meat or seafood. I ordered a salmon rice bowl off the menu. I asked for brown rice instead of jasmine and for the sauce medium hot on the side. They had no problem at all "customizing" the dish for me. The salmon was cooked perfectly. The dish as a whole could have used a few more veggies but it was still delicious and satisfying the way it was served.

• Visited December 2011

Boise, Idaho
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2011

My wife and I have had dinner at Mai Thai many times over the years and we've never been disappointed by the food, service, and value.

Today we tried the Mai Thai buffet and it was everything we have experienced in the past, and better! Great value, great food, and wonderful experience.

I would highly recommend Mai Thai to friends and family.

1 Thank Flyingmiked
Boise, Idaho
“Many wonderful selections to choose from”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2011

This basically Thai restaurant provides excellent Thai food and then goes beyond to offer other asian specialities. The Bento Boxes are great items with several creative combinations. Great for lunch or dinner.

2 Thank Norma J
Meridian, Idaho
“Great Thai Curry, fusion style”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2011

The place captures the spice and complexity of Thai food, with a bit of fusion flair. My wife and I both love the curries, and the coconut soup. It always tastes fresh and delicious to eat here.

Visited September 2011
2 Thank ThankfulFamilyMan
Honolulu, Hawaii
“I Make Better Thai Food And I'm a 24 yr Old LA Native”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2011

I've been here a few times. I really enjoy the decorations and nice atmosphere. The first time I went, waiter and hostess were very polite. The second time, we were seated immediately and forgotten about. 15mins later I walked out.

Ordered a few dishes... I make better Thai food and I'm a 24 yr old LA native. How strange is that? Won't be returning... ever.

• Visited August 2011