“Excellent food!”
Review of Solid Grill & Bar

Solid Grill & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Solid Grill & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #118 of 866 Restaurants in Boise
Price range: USD 5 - USD 20
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Broad
Description: Housed in the historic 8th St Marketplace, Solid Grill & Bar, focuses on local food and beers. We feature eleven local beers on tap; a selection that changes based on the availability of the best offerings from the local brewers. The food is both classic and daring. The menu is wide enough to please any guest while narrow enough to ensure quality and freshness. Vaulted ceilings, brick arches, natural wood, and warm tones make Solid Grill and Bar the perfect dining getaway. The walls are decked with local art that has a distinctly Boise theme. Solid has two happy hours daily from four to six pm and ten to midnight with half priced drinks and a unique appetizer menu. Every Friday and Saturday Solid stays up extra late serving breakfast from midnight to four in the morning.
Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

I took off a star because the server forgot to put in our nachos as an appetizer, so our meals came out shortly after. The food was great! My Sweet Potato Enchilada had tons of flavor, but was a little spicy. Next time I would ask for extra sour cream, and order the same meal. I had the Blonde craft beer and it was great, less hoppy like I like it. The Chicken and Waffles was a huge portion and really excellent. That should be a house specialty. We enjoyed dining outside where the misting jets kept us cool on a very hot day.

Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

I really enjoyed this place. Sat on the patio which has misters - felt great! It's a great place to chill and people watch. It was fun watching the booze bike come around. Had the sweet potato enchiladas. They were delicious! The margarita hit the spot.

Reviewed 10 July 2018

The food here was decent. Nothing spectacular but portion sizes are also more than adequate. The outdoor seating is super cool. Live music is available some days. A little loud for conversation but you can always dine inside too.

Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

We met another couple here for drinks and dinner before a comedy show. My husband had the shrimp and grits and I had chicken cordon blue and risotto. Our Meals were great it was happy hour and it seemed like the drinks were watered down. Nice entertainment.

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We stopped here because they had mist on the outside seating and a singer on the deck. I ordered the spinach salad with shrimp which wasn’t anything great. My son had the uncle Buck hamburger which was OK but difficult to eat. My daughter liked her pulled pork and my husbands BLT he called average. Service was friendly but slow to get our meals -but we weren’t in a rush.