“Off A Bit”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 September 2018

Bonefish Boise is the 6th Bonefish Grill that we have visited - in 5 states. Needless to say, we like "The Bonefish!" All things considered, this was another good Bonefish dinner experience. But not the best that we've had. The details:

Happy Hour: We arrived just in time for Happy Hour. So, we ordered a couple $5 vodka/rocks drinks. Bad decision. A very short pour. Seemed like less than a shot. And bad, cheap vodka. Why bother, Bonefish Boise? Serve up a better brand at Happy Hour and make it a decent drink. We finished the drinks and ordered a couple Woodford Reserve Old Fashions which were what real drinks should be.

Bread With Herb Oil Dip: We expect this at Bonefish. None here. What's up, Bonefish Boise?

Appetizer: Bang Bang Shrimp is a favorite of ours. At other Bonefish Grills, it is served with chopsticks, which is fun and a nice touch. No chopsticks here. And the Bang Bang seemed to be a bit less spicy than what we have come to expect at our many other Bonefish meals.

Entrees: I had the Pecan Parmesan Crusted Rainbow Trout with garlic mashed potatoes and broccoli. The trout was a bit over-cooked to my taste.

My wife had the Wild Arctic Cod, Imperial Style: This was stuffed with crab and served with a nice sauce and capers. Amy also had the broccoli and au gratin potatoes. She enjoyed the meal.

Our waiter, Ace, was very good. And Judah, the Manager, couldn't have been nicer or more professional.

As noted above, all things considered, a good dinner. However, those couple things that were "off a bit" made this a 4-Star review - not the usual 5-Star Bonefish experience.

1  Thank Vacation810441

Reviewed 3 September 2018

Dinner with some friends on the patio. Nice environment, great weather. Took about 15 minutes for waitress to actually come to the table and take our order. Strike 1. After receiving our food my filet showed no pink at all even though I ordered medium rare. Strike 2. No quality check by waitress, didn't see her again until the plates were picked up. Strike 3. The filet tasted fine even though it was incorrectly cooked. For the level of restaurant Bonefish is supposed to be I expect more than Denny's level service.

Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

I had an amazing Waiter come to my table; who was friendly and helpful. I was off to a great start. I had a Blueberry Martini and he was graciously recommended a Cabernet for my friend, that was delicious. We got several appetizers but my favorite was the pot stickers. Honestly at this point I’d had a few drinks and I’m sure they had an official fancy name. We did not order dinner but the table next to us did and they stated the food was great. The portions looked generous and they had to get to go boxes. They also stated they would be back for more. It was great atmosphere, food, service and fair pricing. I will be back very soon.

Reviewed 18 August 2018

My wife and i joined another couple for dinner at Bonefish recently. The dining room was quiet and the service was very good. I had the encrusted trout--always done just right. My wife had the chowder and Caesar salad and our friends had the Chilean sea bass and salmon. They all loved their dishes. We will keep coming back.

Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

This Bonefish Grill has a nice central location near the heart of downtown Boise. It was an easy walk from the Hampton Inn where we were staying. The menu was the same as other locations. The atmosphere was upscale casual and inviting. Service was good and our food arrived quickly.

Been to Bonefish Grill? Share your experiences!