“perfect in every way”
Review of Boise Guest House

Ranked #1 of 12 Boise B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 September 2017

All the details were perfect: good email communication with owner prior to and during our stay, a welcoming lobby and suite, quiet, clean, with convenient location, view of capitol from balcony, comfortable bed, bicycle rental onsite, all the amenities... hope to make this my regular place to stay when visiting daughter in Boise!

Room Tip: treetop suite has balcony with view of capitol
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Eve-Marie B, Owner at Boise Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2017

Hi there!

So happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. You must have stayed in the Treetop, that is probably my favorite suite of all times! We look forward to having you back to stay with us next time you visit your daughter.

A note to future guests: please consider booking directly on our website instead of using the online travel agencies; it keeps our prices competitive and we love to work directly with you! Especially our valued repeat guests:-)

Cheers!

Reviewed 25 September 2017

We stayed one night in the Boise Guest House. The location is great for walking to the downtown area. We parked our car and were able to walk to dinner and shopping. The Guest House is clean, comfortable and very quiet. The check in process is convenient, and well communicated in advance by email. The room amenities are perfect with a nicely appointed small kitchenette.

Hi Joclair!

Thank you for writing a review. I appreciate you taking your time to mention our excellent communication and convenience of check-in! I am also glad to hear you found the rooms well-appointed and met your expectations!

I hope to see you next time your travel plans bring you to Boise!

Reviewed 25 September 2017

This place is listed in Trip Adviser, Google and even the Official Idaho Adventure Guide as a B & B. It is Not. Only after booking did we get a confirmation that stated that there were no meals included. No one greeted us. We were given a code to get in the front door where we picked up our keys from a bureau and let ourselves in. We never saw a single person working there. There were no services at all. Yes there is a kitchen if you want to cook your own meals. The furnishings are early Goodwill.
I simply do not believe the reviews of this place..

Room Tip: If you want to cook your own meals and have no services pick this place.

Hi Leforte,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and express your dismay. I suppose I can't please everyone, but here's my response:

I am guessing you probably booked on a third party site. As there are no actual bed and breakfasts in Boise, we are the closest to that description that you can experience in Boise. The big box online travel agencies honestly don't know what to do with a "boutique lodging" so they have put us in the bnb category. No, we don't fit into a category for everyone! If you actually visited our website, you would have discovered that we do not advertise as a bnb, but instead tout our place as a "hands off experience". Had you wanted a chatty innkeeper, you were of course welcome to give me a call and I would have come right down and chatted it up! I am a phone call away at all times. This entire hands off experience is *by design* as all the information on our website, in the information en suite and pretty much on all of our digital confirmations, several times over.

A trivia bit for our fellow travelers reading this review; all the bed and breakfasts have gone out of business in Boise. We delivered breakfast from a local cafe until 2 years ago. Due to low demand and guests actually preferring to have a kitchen and bring in items from the Boise Coop down the street, or Whole Foods, I stopped personally delivering breakfasts and instead focused my efforts on making guests feel welcome in other ways. Airbnb-style accommodations have taken over the world, and I guess this is not everyone's preference. You are welcome to stay at a full-service hotel if that is what meets your needs.

I'm here for guests.... and I've been doing this for ten years in a way that is 99% guest positive. Please.... reach out personally and let me know if your experience doesn't match your expectations!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

I stayed at the Boise Guest House for 5 days while visiting friends. Fell in love with the place the moment I drove up! Fabulous downtown location, beautiful, fully stocked suite...and the staff is so friendly!! I will definitely stay here again and recommend to family and friends!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends

Hi Lisa!

Thank you so much for writing a review! I appreciate that you took some time out of your busy day to share a few words with the traveling public. It certainly helps us stay optimized and easy for others to find us.

And of course, your referral of BGH being a place you would recommend to family and friends is the highest compliment we can receive!

Thanks for staying with us and we will see you next time!

Reviewed 13 September 2017

The Boise Guest House is clean and comfortable with all the amenities. The well maintained historic house is converted into several private suites and rooms while maintaining its original character. The kitchenette is well stocked, furniture very comfortable, and the bed and linens are lovely. It's location on a quiet street is convenient to downtown. It offers off street parking and bicycle rental. No hassle check in and check out. This is a great value for downtown that is perfect for an overnight or longer stay.

Room Tip: the upstairs suite has a balcony
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Eve-Marie B, Owner at Boise Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

Hi Keep It Gypsy!

Thank you for writing a review of the Boise Guest House. Specifically for mentioning the no hassle check in and check out! Some guests are surprised by the way we handle arrivals and departures, but we think it allows our guests the option to contact us as needed with respect to privacy and creating their own experience.

I appreciate you mentioning details of our property and that you found the Boise Guest House so comfortable and well-appointed. The entire staff at Boise Guest House takes pride in our details!

When you write a review, you help organically optimize a small business. Also, a heads up, when you book directly, you avoid the 18-50% commission fees of the online travel agencies that hotels then have to mark up the final cost. Instead, look for discounts to avoid the commissions on social media!

We hope to see you next time your travel plans bring you to Boise!