All reviews co op treetop suite animal trophy story suite brownie off street parking home away from home downtown restaurants capital building stayed longer living room thought of everything small kitchenette we loved our stay laundry facilities quiet neighborhood comfortable bed
Reviewed 9 October 2012

I stayed one night during a road trip to the west coast. It was a last minute reservation which was perfect- I stayed in #4, "Nature" room, which has a queen size bed, kitchenette and access to a large garden with sitting area. The room felt very comfortable, like stopping by at a college room mate's room. It is clean, casual and cute. It has free internet acess and flat screen TV as well. I also love the proximity to the City Hall and major downtown attraction. I would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: There are 6 rooms to choose from, and I am not sure which one is better - I liked mine, it's has blue walls and casual feel.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank eusay
Eve-Marie B, Owner at Boise Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2012

HI Eusay,
Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor! We appreciate you comments and are so glad you enjoyed the Nature Suite! We hope to see you again soon on another trip through Boise!
Best Regards,

Reviewed 3 October 2012

The location is incredible - within walking distance to downtown and an easy drive to other places. The street is quiet and the view of the capitol dome is beautiful. I stayed in the Treetop Suite which had access to a private balcony. I have been traveling for the past 6 months to locate a new place to live and Boise was on the list. The only negative on my stay here is finding out that there is a wide gulf between a place that is "pet-friendly" and one that merely "allows dogs." Boise Guest House allows dogs. I came home from church on Sunday to find a note on the door indicating my dog had barked and I needed to take her with me from that point on. Since I had 5 more days to see Boise, the temperature during the day was in the mid to upper 80's, that wasn't an option. My advice to the owners - don't allow dogs. Pet owners be forewarned.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank micarath
Eve-Marie B, Owner at Boise Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2012

Hi Mikie,
Thank you for your honest review on Tripadvisor. We are constantly trying to improve the experience for a wide variety of guests. Our pet policy is listed on our website, as we want to continue to remain both pet-friendly and pets allowed... Yes, I agree that pet-friendly is different than pets allowed. Being that the facility was built in 1895, we try to keep noise down to a minimum so that everyone can enjoy the experience we provide. My apologies that you felt we were not pet-friendly. We are so glad that you stayed with us, and hope that you enjoyed Boise.

Reviewed 26 September 2012

We live nearby and we were looking for a place away from home to stay for the night. We were celebrating our anniversary and just happened upon the Boise Guest House. We loved everything about it! The location, the view, the environment in the room, the decor, etc, etc. We decided we wanted a place just like it when we are kid free and retired! The breakfast that was an additional cost was money well spent. It came from a little French bistro down the road and was divine! Even the orange juice was fresh squeezed! Highly recommend ANYONE staying here....just make sure it doesn't get so busy that we can't book it again! ;)

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Toni A

Wow, Toni! Thank you for your kind glowing review! Lucky for us that you live in the area and can easily take a staycation! Just so you know, we have expanded our breakfast and have decided to deliver our fancy specials on breakfast trays.... just one more way we can spread the luv! Hope to see you soon again at BGH.
Cheers,
Owner, Boise Guest house

Reviewed 19 September 2012

We stayed in the "Attic". We enjoyed it and Boise so much we considered staying another day. The Inn has character, good furnishings and decoration and lets you feel at home. We just finished a 7,500 mile roadtrip and I don't hesitate writing that this Inn was number 2 on our trip (another in Indiana was a scosh better).
Highly recommended for comfort, cleanliness, location and value. We'll be back!

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

THANK YOU for your generous review of the Boise Guest House this past summer... just curious if you would send us the email for the BEST inn on your 7,500 mile journey so we can improve just that much more? Very much appreciate you taking the time to write a review and we are so glad that you enjoyed your stay. We will have several improvements & new art for your return!

Reviewed 15 September 2012

Thank you Eve for the perfect balance of comfort, class & style! We used to live in Boise and didn't want to stay in just any hotel downtown. We wanted to feel home, even though we didn't live here anymore. Boise Guest house was exactly what we were looking for and more. From the kitchen to the bedroom to the back patio, we felt spoiled. Not a beat is skipped on what you might need or want at the Boise Guest House. Thank you again, we have told everyone and anyone we know who is passing through to stay here. It is just such a pleasurable experience.

Room Tip: If you are going to be in town for several day to a week we stayed in the Travel Suite and would highly recommend this room. There is no need to eat out for every meal, unless of course that's what you prefer! Since you are so close to the Boise Co-op you are able to make several meals in your suite without feeling like you are cooking in your bedroom, like you do when you have a kitchenette in some hotels. Such a relaxing space.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your lovely review! We so appreciate your word of mouth recommendations as well as a thoughtful review online at Tripadvisor. We hope to see you again soon at the Boise Guest House!