All reviews european charm goodie bag big pig ensuite bathroom older home cooked eggs lovely hosts pleasant conversation antique furniture lovely home fresh baked bread like coming home south georgia home away from home other guests bed and breakfast night stay
Reviewed 25 October 2018

We stayed at the Fruits of Vienna for 1 night as we bicycled across the country. Although we were probably not the typical B&B guests, our hosts warmly greeted us and ensured that our specific needs were met. It was everything we could ask for; our room was clean, comfortable and quiet, and our hosts provided a homey atmosphere with pleasant conversation. All the meals that were prepared for us were delicious and filling! Since we didn’t have room on our bicycle for a departing goodie bag, we took several slices of Els’ homemade nut bread which was wonderful!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Els R, Owner at Fruits of Vienna B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you very much for your review. It was a pleasure to have you here at our B&B. I was glad to make you feel homey and give you the comfort you needed to go on with your exceptional bicycle trip.
Looking forward to seeing you next time.

Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

This was my first experience at a bed and breakfast. So much better than going to a hotel. It was just like coming home. The room I stayed in was super comfortable. Great bed!

The home and the property are gorgeous. Best of all they have two amazing dogs. I miss my pups whenever I leave. Having two dogs to play with and even take on an evening stroll was awesome.

Els does a great job to make you feel at home and takes care of anything you need. I’m not much of a breakfast eater but there was always a spread waiting in the morning. She even sends you off with a little goodie bag when you leave. :-)

If you ever find yourself in that part of the country give yourself a treat and stay at the Fruits of Vienna B&B instead of a stark motel. You won’t be sorry.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Els R, Owner at Fruits of Vienna B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2018

Thank you so much for your wonderful review which you like to share. It's so nice we could give you a homey feeling and you had a great time spending here.

We're looking forward to your next stay, maybe with your dogs.

Reviewed 12 October 2018

On a long road trip home from Cape Breton to San Francisco, Fruits of Vienna proved a wonderful oasis of quiet, good food, and wonderful hospitality at a very reasonable price. The 18th c. European decor was tastefully done. Els, the proprietor, provides a fantastic multi-course dinner and breakfast as additional options. She's a very fine cook as well as a warm, cheerful sort of person. Next time we pass through south Georgia, we will be sure to stop in Vienna.

Room tip: All four rooms appear quite pleasant. Two are larger.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Els R, Owner at Fruits of Vienna B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2018

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with other travelers. I feel flattered because of your words. we're really happy you had such a wonderful time at our B&B.
We're looking forward to your next stay. Just give us a call and dinner will be ready.

Reviewed 10 October 2018

We had a wonderful visit. Took at night to sleep before finishing our drive home. Fruits of Vienna is a quaint little home. Els and husband were there to greet us with our later check in. We enjoyed a couple glasses of wine with them and pleasant conversation.

Our room was decorated beautifully. The bed was extremely comfortable.

Breakfast was fresh and delicious. Cheese, fruits, home made breads! Els made us scrambled eggs and provide my husband with some ham ( I am a vegetarian).

We will come back, to enjoy the dinner option, and take advantage of Els cooking skills!

Room tip: Quiet, Comfortable, Lovely Rooms and Baths, Excellent Breakfast
1  Thank Melanie B

Thank you very much for your great review. We're happy you like share it with other travelers. We really enjoyed your stay too. I'm very happy you had a great time.
We're looking forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

What an awesome find! It was like having a mini European vacation! Els is a wonderful hostess and excellent cook! Make sure you ask for dinner when you arrive. ours was amazing and delicious! Furnishings in this older home have been brought from Belgium and even the drapery fabrics are imported. We can't say enough good about our experience! Will definitely try to make a return visit!

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Els R, Owner at Fruits of Vienna B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Thank you very much for your wonderful review. It's great you like to share your experience with others. I loved having you as guests and I'm looking forward to meeting you again. Just give me a call and dinner will be ready.