All reviews waffles texas roadhouse choice hotels free beer restaurants within walking distance tub shower room was clean sitting area sofa bed would definitely stay here again very nice hotel next morning outdoor pool beer and wine light sleeper wild adventures sausage
Reviewed 30 July 2018

My oh my, what a weekend. Arrived Friday afternoon, noticed church van, thought-hey lotta Christians here-it'll be nice!? Settled down in room 320 - lots of road noise but nice room - but noise became big issue for wifey that night. Next morning breakfast bar mobbed with people-impossible situation-walked to Denny's nearby. Clerk waffled with wife over changing rooms, but manager understood and put us in room 305-much better room. So, took grand-kid to Wild Adventures and came back early evening. Tried to take kid to pool but it was MOBBED with kids from church group - Friendship Missionary Baptist Church Apalachicola FL - but "Friendship" turned out to be the worst possible name for this group - 24 or more pushy horseplaying kids and older teens (much older) had no regard for the few smaller kids and the other people who were NOT black and just acted like some insane mob who'd never seen any water before, all taking place in this dinky 3 to 4 deep foot pool. No action taken from staff and apparently no adult church people in charge - saw one church guy who looked like he was supposed to be supervising but he was trying to hide around the corner smoking a blunt - smelled like weed mixed with black and mild cigar - surreal and scary situation. But, slept pretty well that night and definitely looked forward to going home next morning. Got up that morning (Sunday) figuring church group would be going to church somewhere but wrong - church group MOBBING breakfast bar and acting like everybody else should just act like doormats and give them carte blanche because they're supposedly a "church group." Managed to get something for grand-baby girl (age six) to eat while wifey took shower. Then had to take grand-kid to restroom, and here comes one of these demons from church group who nearly wrings his own neck out of joint trying to peep in at my grandbaby going to the restroom - had to raise my voice at this peeping tom perv to make him go away and mind his own blankety-blank business. So ironic the color this group chose for their church tee shirts too- red devil red - such a "friendly" color! Well, at last we got away from this hell-hole and headed home. My sincere advice about staying here would be - call first and ASK QUESTIONS - find out whether they have any large groups staying, because this staff is just completely overwhelmed in such circumstances. Otherwise it's a pretty clean place with roomy rooms. Could use attention to detail though - our first room had used toothpicks and piece of trash on the floor next to sofa sleeper, and tub/shower caulking was pretty moldy. But definitely remember to ask first about large groups - I wouldn't have wished the nightmare we went through on anybody.

Room Tip: Odd numbered hallway suites and suites on ends of building are quieter.
1  Thank AvasPoppy
Leadership_Cares, General Manager at Comfort Suites Valdosta, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2018

Words cannot express my apologies enough for the experience you had at our hotel. Though large groups can be a challenge, we certainly should have done a much better job at working through the various and many issues you noted. I will share your review with our team, and we will do a deep study of how the weekend went and determine what we can do better going forward.

Thank you for staying with us, and please share our apologies with your wife and grand-kids.

Sincerely -- John Camarillo, General Manager

Reviewed 28 July 2018

I haven't been to this location in years and years later, it's still a gem! The staff is very professional and they do a good job. They also offer a list of restaurants that give their guest a discount which to me shows that they truly care about their guest. The rooms are spacious and clean. There are a number of restaurants that you can walk to which was great after my drive from Miami/Orlando. My advise is to stay during the week because they have a managers reception with free beer. FREE BEER!!! I didn't want to leave but my wife insisted we go see her mother.

Room Tip: Get a room in the back facing the lake
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Leadership_Cares, General Manager at Comfort Suites Valdosta, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2018

We were delighted to welcome you back to our Comfort Suites after so many years, and we thank you for stopping by for another visit and for sharing your great review. Please come back and see us again anytime your travels bring you to Valdosta!

Our very best -- John Camarillo, General Manager

Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

Got no sleep. Walls are thin heard the highway noise all night long!!! No water pressure in bathroom. Bathroom vanity was dirty. Mattress was very bad. Never again. We stayed there because of all the good reviews but somebody must be getting paid to write those stellar reviews on this dirtbag hotel. The lady at the desk would not get off the phone to talk to us. We had hoped to talk with her about our bad experience so we just left without saying anything. I suppose she was trying to avoid hearing our comments.

Stayed: July 2018
Leadership_Cares, General Manager at Comfort Suites Valdosta, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2018

Joe --

I am very sorry that you were unhappy with your time with us. We do work hard to provide great experiences for our guests, and I will ensure we address the issues you had with the bathroom and front desk immediately.

Our stellar reviews are a result of listening to our guests, and your feedback, though painful to read, will make us better. Thank you for sharing it and thank you for staying with us.

Sincerely -- John Camarillo, General Manager

Reviewed 23 July 2018

The staff there is very friendly, helpful and gave awesome customer service. The room and hotel were nice but the room could use some upgrades but would definitely stay again. The hotel is also in a great location to food places, shopping and not far from Wild Adventures maybe 2 exits.

Such a Lady --

It is fantastic to know you enjoyed the customer service at our Valdosta Comfort Suites! Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your review. We are in the planning stages for some upgrades, and I hope you'll come and see the changes when we're done.

Thank you again! John Camarillo, General Manager

Reviewed 16 July 2018

This hotel was a great place to take a break for one night...right off exit 18 in Georgia..with restaurants within walking distance. It was clean and staff was extremely friendly!! Great free breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Leadership_Cares, General Manager at Comfort Suites Valdosta, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

Thank you for staying at our Comfort Suites during your I-75 travels! It is great that our staff, cleanliness, and breakfast were pleasing to you, and we hope you'll come back again the next time you pass through Valdosta.

Best regards -- John Camarillo, General Manager