“Home Away From Home”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Pelican Getaway

Kitchen
Deck
Game room
Getaway!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Expeditio...
Augusta, Georgia
“Home Away From Home”
Reviewed 6 September 2018 for a stay in September 2018

Pelican Getaway was a wonderful place for my family and I to stay during the Labor Day weekend. The owner thought of everything possible that guests would need. Thanks for the hospitality as we look forward to booking again!

18 Sep 2018
Thank you for the great review. We are glad you had an enjoyable stay and hope to see you again.
All the best.
Debbie H
“Great vacation”
Reviewed 16 August 2018 for a stay in July 2018

My husband and I traveled with 3 teens and an 8 year old. We had plenty of room to relax after spending our days at the beach. The neighborhood was nice and felt safe. I would definitely recommend staying here!

5 Sep 2018
Thanks so much for the great review. :)

We are glad you had a good time and hope to see you again.

Reuben and Kim
Laurie G
“Everything we needed and then some!”
Reviewed 16 July 2018 for a stay in July 2018

The house was everything described. Clean. And very accommodating. It had everything we needed for our 4 day stay on Tybee. Great location close to food and fun. Reuben was very responsive when we had an A/C issue after a storm. Sent a repair guy right over. I would highly recommend this house for your vacation. It's a great home away from home. We had a great time! The dogs did too!!

27 Jul 2018
Laurie,

Thanks for the nice review. We are happy you had a good time and hope to see you again.
dlshirley
Piedmont, South Carolina
“Nice house but needs some updates”
Reviewed 1 July 2018 for a stay in June 2018

House is spacious and clean, beds are comfortable. Pool table, although advertised as part of amenities, is in very poor shape. No cable or dish tv, although blu ray disc player(didn’t use). Had to reboot WiFi more than once. Element seems be out on dryer, as takes at least 2 or 3 times to dry clothes. Pleasant landlords. They prefer the air not to be on on 75, so I if you typically run yours lower, you will notice the difference. Bring bottled water if, like us, you do not drink tap water. An extra TV in kids room would be nice. Fence is not really secure, big dogs will just blast through gate, and small ones can get through gaps. Overall, landlords were very helpful and attempted to resolve issues. If your priority is pet friendly, an excellent choice

20 Jul 2018
We appreciate all constructive comments and constantly try to improve the property to provide a pleasant experience at a good price.

I would like to address the items you mentioned.

We checked the dryer and found it was defective so we replaced it with a new one.

The pool table top felt was damaged by a previous guest and we are now arranging to recover it.

Rest assured that you can adjust the AC to your liking.
When I was informed the ac was not functioning correctly, I asked to not turn the unit below 75 to prevent the unit from icing up. Just until the AC repairman arrived. He was there within an hour to address the issue. It has now been repaired and functions correctly.

Regarding the gate:
We got a frantic call from the guest saying that our neighbor had yelled at her about her dogs. This guest informed me that they have a problem with the dogs knowing how to open gates and carry a lock just for that purpose. She said she just "forgot" to put it on the gate. The rest of the story as related to me by neighbor. The dogs ran up on my neighbor’s second story porch and cornered him. When he told the guest to get the dogs out of his yard, the guest’s husband cussed at him and told him to F*@# off.

Our home is in a quiet family neighborhood and we expect our guests to be considerate and respectful of our neighbors just as our neighbors are considerate of the guests.

We have never provided bottled water to guests and thousands of Tybee residents seem to be able to drink the tap water with no ill effects.

We have considered TVs in the bedrooms, but many folks appreciate the family time they can have without those. We do have a 50" HDTV in the living room for all to enjoy. We have a High Def antenna that gets all local broadcast channels and we have amazon prime, Netflix and various services you can get with WI-FI and a Blu-ray player.

The Wi-Fi went out after a storm and when the guest called to notify me, I asked her to reset the modem. She did. Problem solved. I was never informed of another incidence. I suspect the problem with Comcast internet was island wide,

In summary, we sincerely regret that you were not satisfied with your stay and hope that your next rental on Tybee is more to your liking.
Best regards.
debbie664
Brentwood, Tennessee
“Perfect pet-friendly beach house”
Reviewed 1 June 2018 for a stay in May 2018

The beach house is located in Tybee Island and was perfect for the 3 of us plus our 3 dogs. It is conveniently close to the beach and all the shops & restaurants. We will definitely stay there again. :-)

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
30 Jun 2018
Thanks so much for the kind review.
We try to make our house comfortable for guests and a true home away from home. We are always open to suggestions for improving and really hope to see you again.

Best regards,

Reuben and Kim
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing