All reviews microwave fridge comfortable nights rest pretty darn good very nice young lady coffee maker cable box complimentary bottled water room was clean hotel options golf tournament star hotel masters golf smelled fresh quick stop couple of nights safe area needed a place to stay
Reviewed 5 April 2018

We have just stayed at this Econo Lodge for two nights. I reserved two rooms last summer as we had tickets to The Masters in nearby Augusta. I totally count on Trip Advisor reviews all the time, but this time they were way off. Next week (or last week) you can get a room for $49 a night. That is getting your money's worth. But NOT $469 total charges for 2 nights. Our friends had live bugs, stained sheets and a bad smell in the rug. In our room we had pitiful linens and I was creeped out the entire time. Half of the lights had burned out bulbs, and the refrigerator was not working. As I said, for $49 you get your money's worth, but jacking up the prices for this one week, is a total rip off. I will say that the gentleman who checked us in and the other two employees were very friendly, but the place is pretty awful.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Susan S
Manager M, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear Masters Patron,

Thank you for taking the time to complete your review of the 5 time award winning Econo Lodge in Thomson, GA!

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your incredibly high expectations of our economy scale limited service hotel.

Guest satisfaction is important to us and we use reasonable feedback to make improvements and ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. With that being said, from the moment you checked in, you were filled with nothing but inane comments.

Firstly, I want to point out that you reserved your rooms on 2/15/2018; not last summer.

Secondly, at that point you knew you were going to an economy scale hotel where every amenity imaginable would NOT be available to you.

Thirdly, you knew the price when you booked and if you felt the price was too high, then you should have chosen elsewhere. We did not choose you to stay at our hotel, but rather the other way around. You were charged $469 for a 2 night stay including taxes, but did you take into consideration that other hotels go for $885 + per night? In that regard we still offer an incredible value. ALso, you have to consider the concepts of supply and demand. If you owned or operated a hotel within the vicinity of The Masters Golf Tournament and had a flood of people coming into the area, you too would increase the rates. It is actually common sense. Had you stayed here for $49, you would not have had any complaints and it would have been just right. When the price changes, everything arises.

Furthermore, our hotel is treated monthly by a professional pest control company as a preventative maintenance measure. But if you leave the door of your room wide open (which I personally saw for hours), we cannot help if an insect flies into your room. But there were no insects in the room and no other complaints from any other guests about your 2 rooms throughout The Masters Golf Tournament.

Nextly, I want to point out that the linens were clean and stain free. The clerk on duty changed them for you to satisfy you as a guest, but it was completely unnecessary.

Furthermore, I want to point out that none of the bulbs were burned out because as you checked out I went into the rooms and all of them were burning bright with the LED bulbs that were in them to begin with. Also, if you took the time to look closer at the refrigerator you would notice that the prior guest turned the temperature down to 1 out of 7. It was working perfectly and all you had to do was turn the knob to adjust it to your preference.

Lastly, I want to say that we are ranked the highest Econo Lodge in the state of GA and are in the top 1% of our brand. The problem is that every masters people come to economy scale hotels wanting to pay a lower price, and become hostile, unappreciative and inconsiderate when they typically do not stay at economical hotel options. We have dealt with it for 30 plus years in the industry and I am sure it wont be the last time we have to deal with it.

Never-the-less, I am sorry you feel our 5 time award winning Econo Lodge was so awful. Perhaps next year when you attend The Masters you will stay in one of the $885 hotels and then realize the tremendous value we have offered you as well as millions of others over the years.

P.S. We hope you enjoyed your time at The Masters at Augusta National.

Reviewed 22 March 2018

The family came into town as a cheering team for my son at the gncc race at Aonia in Washington, Ga.

We all stayed at this hotel and it was affordable and comfortable. The track was about 15 miles from here and they had a wide variety of restaurants to choose from for dinner.

They do request all gncc families not to take their bikes in the rooms. I would have rather brought it in with me but I wasn’t going to pay the penalty for doing so if I got caught. So I left it in the bed of the truck.

It’s a safe area, well light up, and plenty of room for trailers.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Manager M, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete your review of the 4 time Platinum and Gold Hospitality Award Winning Econo Lodge in Thomson, GA!

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. We strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and choosing Econo Lodge.We hope your next visit will be even more pleasant than the previous one.

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

Got into town a day early for the GNCC race.

They have a lot of space for our trailer and truck.

I was skeptical about booking this hotel, but it’s actually pretty nice. The room I’ve got has wood floors in it a new TV with the energy guide still on it granite and a microwave fridge and coffee maker.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Manager M, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2018

Reviewed 6 March 2018

You can find a cheap room anywhere, but this is low priced and a good room. I was immediately impressed as soon as I walked through the door to find how nicely the room was decorated and appointed. I’ve saved it as a favorite in my Choice Hotels app.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Manager M, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2018

Reviewed 6 March 2018

The room was clean. We did have a couple issues-1st they didn't have a bottom floor -which isn't their fault I guess, but with us travelling with a dog for a hunt test and my husband with a broken foot in a boot made it quite difficult to go up/down with all our gear. The light plate at entrance was broken but replaced the next day when noticed. The cable box was fixed for us as soon as we called. Room is small but clean. The manager was very nice. The lady at the front desk made some odd remarks in regards to race when I was asking about a local restaurant that really put me off. Oh, be careful w/the tubs, VERY slippery-I had to use a towel on bottom to avoid slipping.

No real breakfast to speak of, no fruit, etc, just packaged pastries, OJ coffee tea. For the $ not bad but found it quite nosy from street trucks/drive-thrus, etc. Nice big area for dogs to do their business. It's kind of out of the way for us so won't stay again but decent quick stop overall.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Manager M, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for any shortcomings of our hotel. I understand you requested a lower floor room at check-in, however it was unavailable at the time. We were actually running 100% occupancy during your stay. I personally saw your husband who seemed to be getting around great and with no boot on his foot. In fact he is the one who went walking your pet throughout the day.

Secondly, I check behind housekeeping daily for any cleanliness, maintenance or any other issues. The switch plate was not broken at this time. In fact I found one half of it in the desk drawer upon checkout and the other half was found during your stay. The half that I found, looked as through your dog had gotten a hold of it.

The cable issue was simple. Your husband or yourself pressed the power button on the remote and turned the cable box off while turning the TV on. It will not work unless both are on. This is the only way to get cable in Thomson, GA and I apologize if it was confusing.

When you asked about restaurants at check in, you asked about one in particular which she specified was not in a good area of town. Every town/city has a good area and an area people like to avoid. She was merely looking out for your best interest.

I apologize for the tub being slippery, we must use chemicals to ensure the cleanliness of the facilities however there were 4 anti-slip strips in the tub for your safety.

As for breakfast, a large breakfast cannot be provided. We are an economy scale hotel and are only required to serve coffee, juice, and pastries by our franchise guidelines. We are not a big facility and do not charge like a big facility either, however do go well above the bar and provide, coffee, juice, milk, cereal, grits, oatmeal, tea, hot chocolate, danishes, bagels, bread, butter, cream cheese, jam, etc.

Never-the-less, your satisfaction is important to us and I hope the few things I have mentioned here give you a better idea of the hotel business as a whole. I am sorry to hear you will not be staying with us again, and hope that you reconsider so that we can have another opportunity to provide you the same quality, award winning service and accommodations that millions have enjoyed year after year.

Thank you again for Econo Lodge and sharing your experience. We hope to see you again soon.