“Great food!”
Review of Biguns Barbeque

Biguns Barbeque
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: This place just opened and they have standing room only for their barbecue and sides. We ate there yesterday and are going back today. The phone number is 706-253-7675 and the restaurant is attached to a Chevron station on the corner of Carnes Mill Rd. and Hwy. 515 in Tallking Rock, Ga.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

This place gives you a great amount of food for the price. My husband and I and our 2 teens ate for around $40 with drinks. Ribs were awesome, I loved the collard greens! Kids said the chicken tenders and Mac n cheese were the best they’ve had in the area. The gluten free sauce option was perfect! My son had the brisket cheddar sandwich and they accommodated without bbq to order, he loved it! Great place, we were in and out, exactly the bbq we were looking for. Thank you!

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank Wendy R

Reviewed 27 March 2018

I've been here twice for lunch in the last 2 months and the food as well as service was excellent. The first time I had ribs. They were great. The second time, I had a BBQ plate and it was just as good. Their pork and brisket are fantastic. The baked beans are my favorite.

1  Thank Robert P
Reviewed 25 March 2018

Honestly, these reviews crack me up. People give 1 star but clean their plate! Some of these folks are "A man sitting across from us looked at me and I felt triggered. I asked management to take him out back and shoot him but they refused. I'll NEVER come back!" Seriously folks, get a grip.
Now about the place. This used to be a gas station with a deli back in the day but it burned down. A new building was erected and it was still a gas station/ convenience store but it had a BBQ habit. The BBQ was pretty good, the sauces were awesome and sides plentiful. As time went by, more folks started coming. Then it became the after church spot. Next thing you know, they expanded the dining area and got rid of the store shelves. More and more folks started showing up so the gas pumps were removed and picnic tables were put in for extra seating outside. Now if you want to know if its a good place to grab a bite, look at it this way....some of these reviewers have complained that they had to wait in line for 30 minutes to place an order..... in a BBQ place that is located in the middle of nowhere, in a town that has a population of 49. Why? Because EVERYONE comes here to eat! People lie, numbers don't. As far as prices, their menu is available for everyone to see. If you order the "Great Bigun Combo Plate" you can get as little as 1lb of meat or as much as 20oz of meat depending on your selection, plus 2 sides and bread for $18. If that seems like a lot of money, its because its a lot of food. I can feed two healthy adults ordering this. The average meal is $10 at Biguns, the same price as a 20pc Nugget, fries, and drink at the Golden Arches.
The staff has always been good to us, they treat us nice and have never attacked or berated us for our simple attire. One time they forgot my ribs on a combo platter so I politely asked the food runner if she could check on it and she did. I got my ribs and my life went on as normal. I could have blasted them for it but then I realized I was in no immediate danger of starving to death so I just ate the food in front of me while waiting the three minutes it took to get my ribs.
Just remember food is like art, "no matter how good it is, somebody is gonna hate it."
Yall keep it real.

2  Thank DonGrantofGA
Reviewed 12 March 2018

My husband and I had supper at this amazing barbecue restaurant and now we are looking for an excuse to go back to Talking Rock to eat there again. The barbecue pork is perfect! We loved the baked beans and slaw but the fried okra is something to write home about! The atmosphere is fun and great for families. Loved every bite!!

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

Love this place! Smoke turkey is my favorite, ribs, chicken and pork are all great. Mac n cheese - Brunswick stew - potato salad are all like home cooking! Service is quick and food is hot and fresh. Rustic interior with homemade jelly , shirts and hats for sale. Inside or outside tables.